𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 5

" I cannot do all the good that the world needs. But the world needs all the good that I can do." -Jana Stanfield

»——————◦•♛•◦——————«

My corset felt tighter than usual, but it might just be my uneasiness. Today was the convention. My dress was nicer than I was accustomed too and my hair took and overwhelmingly amount of time to do. 

I walked down the hall, struggling to pat down the skirt of my dress. I began thinking of how any adventures I might come across, when arguing down the hall interrupted my thoughts.

"What do you mean you might be leaving?"

stopping before turning the corner, I listened hesitantly.

"I might have to leave early for the familiar competition." Griffin tried to explain to Emily

"Why? when we had intent on spending time together."

"I have a peer that would like to accompany me, but they're leaving early."

I felt uncomfortable and began turning to leave, until the bloody dress got in my way and I fell flat In front of them.

"Hello! just passing by-"

"YOU! You filthy pig. I bet your the fried who wants him to leave early. But let me tell you something, he courted ME not YOU. So don't try."

"Stop it Emily." Griffin told her calmly, grabbing her hand.

I've been yelled at many times, for a ridiculous manner like forgetting to bow. But, I knew I was wrong, I shouldn't have interfered and stayed in my business. I was too used to being involved with Griffin, I forgot we had things we want to keep personal.

"Sorry Emily, excuse me."

I ran past them until I was out of view, grabbing a sword.

Not bothering to look around I jabbed and sliced the dummy to my hearts content. Something about being able to overthrow your enemy calmed my nerves.

◈ ━━━━━━ ⸙ ━━━━━━ ◈

I walked towards the library, I picking up my favorite book. Than made my way to the garden, with a cup of tea. In the midst of my peace a small meow stole my attention, a small white kitten approached me. Rubbing my leg. 

"Why hello there." I reached down and pet her.

"I'm so sorry! She really friendly I promise she won't bite!" A small girl told me picking up the kitten. 

"Oh, hello Amelia"

"um sorry I forgot your name."

"Just call me Angel." 

" That's a pretty name."

"Thank you." I picked my book back up and continued reading.

" Can you read it out loud? My reading isn't very good yet so I can't read along with you." She asked with a small frown.

"Sure."

I gestured to the spot next to me and read to her. She was listening and playing with the kitten. Some time had passed and she suddenly got up and returned with a rose.

"Here, I heard roses heal. I don't know if your still hurt like last time but just incase."

I smiled picking up the rose.

"Thank you Amelia, I hope great things come your way."

"Amelia!" an elderly women called a bit far from us.