𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 10

"Growth and comfort do not coexist."  -Ginny Rometty

»——————◦•♛•◦——————«

 Its been 4 nights at Mr. Winifred's house. I started strength training my legs as much as possible since my first night. Griffin and Mr. Winifred stay the entire day at the field while I stay in the house. They said I could join them once my legs are properly functioning, but the process is taking too many moons. While dusting I'll occasionally look out the window and see them nowhere to be found, and I have plenty of time to think of where they could be. But, they are always back by 7.

  The house looks a lot better. It's no longer dusty and dark. With the help of magic I was able to cleanse the small cabin as it was now glistening with amazing scents.  Griffin began bringing home different animals too, so we have another food source than just vegetables. If I finish dinner early, Ill sit on my bed and study magic. I have been able to perfect some spells I've been having trouble with since I've gotten my crest.

 My Pantera crest has been giving me lots of abilities, agility, speed, strength. But, my dragon crest seems to have no effect on me. Maybe I got the crest but not the powers? My thoughts were interrupted by loud laughter.

"Angel! look what we caught!"

I limped to the main room, and laid my eyes on a horned pig.

"I have no idea how to prepare that."

"It's alright we'll figure it out." Griffin gave me a reassuring nod.

We spent many hours in the kitchen and most of the meat was in the waste bin. But the end result was worth it, I think.

"We might of only ate 15% of the pig but at least we perfected the recipe for next time!" Griffin tried to look at the positive of the situation.

"I think it's delicious." Mr. Winifred added.

I smiled and took my own bite. We really had perfected the recipe. It was tender and the meat absorbed all the seasoning, the smell had even traveled around the entire cabin.

"So Ms. Angeline, I was thinking you could accompany us to the fields tomorrow morning?" Mr. Winifred asked me while putting his dish in the sink.

"But, my legs aren't healed yet."

"Well, staying in the house won't make it heal any faster. And it's almost healed, I think it's time to get back out there."

I took a second to ponder his offer. It would be beneficial, and I really needed to go out in the sun. 

"Yeah, let's do it."

Mr. Winifred nodded entering his bedroom "Night Kiddo's." He wished us as he closed the door.

I offered to clean the kitchen since Griffin helped me with prepping dinner. He went to bed and left me with my thoughts. I was excited to get back out there, but also nervous.

I washed my hands and entered my bedchamber. I changed into a night gown one of the fairies gifted me. I got comfortable in bed and closed my eyes as Griffin situated himself around me. Tomorrow was going to be a good day.

◈ ━━━━━━ ⸙ ━━━━━━ ◈

Maybe today wasn't as great as I thought it would be.

"Just move your legs faster." Mr. Winifred yelled from across the field.

Sweat dripped down my forehead as I struggled to make it across the piece of hand. My knees, and hands we're covered in dirt after my continuous falling.