Fussing was never this cute - Din Djarrin/The child

Song: Mandalorian Ost - the baby.

Imagine; you're pregnant and the baby keeps fussing when you try to sleep in the Razor Crest.

I just checked when I last posed and holy fuck, I am so sorry.. yes I am still writing but I forget to post Shit here, sorry! Sorry! Sorry!

You never thought sleeping could get anymore uncomfortable in the giant metal box Din dares to call a spaceship.

But it could, and it did. After you and Din traveled the whole galaxy together, you ended up getting married and soon after, with a little help of the green child being the most adorable creature in the galaxy, he knocked you up. He liked parenting that child so much he wanted another to accompany the already excising one, or at least that's how he explained it.

Seven months later and your belly is the size of at least two melons, and it's uncomfortable being cooped up in one of the seats while the baby is now full on fussing and kicking in there.

You make a noise of frustration as you shift once again, why is this little baby so restless?

Din glances back at you when you let out another groan and a cuss word right after it. Muttered of course, you don't want to teach the kid words he shouldn't have knowledge of.

'Again?' His voice is filled with concern when he sees the sweat forming on your forehead.

All you can let out is a strangled noise and give him a nod with a scrunched up face. Din turns back to his controls, setting them so that he doesn't have to fly manual. He then turns his seat around and takes your hand.

'You should lay down...'

'No... I want to-Ah!' You squeeze his hand. 'Yes.. I should lay down...'

'There's room with the kid... you want me to help you there?'

'Please..' you beg.

He gently pulls you up, leading the way down the ship until you reach the kids room. It's not very large but it's better than being pressed into a seat all the time.

He carefully helps you lay down and get comfortable. The child coos as he turns to look down at you from his little makeshift hammock.

'I'm going to accompany you, is that okay?' You smile gently.

'Are you going to be alright?' Din asks. 'Yeah, you can go back up and fly the crest... I'll lay here and die on my own...'

'Always so dramatic...' Din sighs with a chuckle.

You give him a dirty look making him laugh even more. 'I've been carrying your child for the last few months and this is how you repay me?'

'Get some rest...'

You lay back with a scrunches face, no matter what, that baby keeps tossing and turning in there, how can he or she even do that?

The child coos again and lets himself drop from the hammock. He wiggles over to your stomach and looks you in the eyes as if he's asking for permission.

You give him a slight nod and he places his green little hand on your belly. You start to feel a weird sort of relaxing wave crash over you, the baby stops too and for one moment you're afraid he might do something to harm it, but then again, you shouldn't feel so relaxed.

Soon you feel your eyelids getting heavy, you fall into a deep and peaceful slumber.

'Y/n?' Din asks a while later. He would've expected to at least hear you but it's been quiet for a little while now.

So he gets out of his seat and climbs down. And what he sees makes his heart swell in his chest.

You're laying peacefully in the bed with Grogu propped up against you with his small hand on your belly still. He has his eyes closed as well.

He makes the image burn into his eyelids, he wants to remember this forever. He never thought he could get something like this, but in the end he got it anyway.

And at this moment, on the run or not, he couldn't be happier.