Extra pair of hands - Poe Dameron (request)

Song: Khai Dreams - come true.

Imagine; you help Poe our and he's amazed by how good of a pilot you are.

'We need to fall back!, we don't have enough power to take out the last destroyer!' Poe yells through his com.

Recently some destroyers started popping up again, Poe and a couple other pilots figured it would be best to destroy them before they can do actual damage. But now the last one is a little harder to take out. The thing is build like a death star.

Little do they know you're on your way, ready to destroy this thing and return to the base safely.

'Poe who's that?' Rey asks.

'Finally..' Ben mutters as he sees your ship approaching.

You shoot past the three and you go straight for the destroyer. You dodge the fighters making them come after you.

'What is he doing?!' Poe asks clearly thinking you're some random guy. 

You brace yourself against the side of the ship and you turn the stick to make a sharp turn the fighters weren't expecting. You end up behind them and you blow them up all at once before flying towards the command centre of the large destroyer.

You lock onto it and you blow it right up. You know it won't be enough to make the whole ship explode. But they will stop firing at you.

'Ben, you want to do the honours?' You speak up as you get to a safe distance.

'Gladly...' He replies.

'So you finally decided to show up huh?' Ben chuckles as he helps you out of the ship and carefully puts you down in your wheelchair.

'Saw you were in a bit of trouble...thought I'd give you an extra pair of hands...' you reply smiling.

'The rest is eager to meet you...you pulled quite the stunt back there...'

'Oh you know me, I like to live on the wild side..'

He pushed you forward, probably to the room where his friends are waiting, you hear some things about them. Ben isn't much of a sharer, but then again he was busy with being Kylo Ren.

But you know he has a girlfriend, Rey, and his other friends are Poe, Finn and some androids, that's all you could pry off of him in the time you've been apart.

You hear some laughter in the distance, guessing that it's coming from the group. Ben wheels you in and the group gets silent as they turn to you.

'This was the girl that helped us just now...' Ben introduces you.

'I'm y/n..' you wave.

'You're a girl...'

'Come on Poe, I taught you better than that..' the girl says stern.

'I'm Rey...' she shakes your hand and you smile at her.

'She's pretty...' you mouth to Ben and he rolls his eyes.

'I'm Finn...This is Rose...and that rude man is Poe...' he grins and you chuckle.

'I'm kind of used to it by now...' you tell him.

It's true, you're used to people being surprised for being a girl or being paralysed from the waist down, or both. People have been quite rude in the past so this isn't really new to you, you know how to handle it.

'Besides, I'd be surprised too if I found out a crippled girl is a better pilot than I...' you smirk.

You can't get me down..

'I wouldn't necessarily state that you're better than I...' Poe replies.

'Oh please, I took down at least 17 fighters on my own, which you've been struggling to take down... then I made sure they couldn't fire again so you could finish it...all in my own...'

'Oh I like her...' Rey laughs at your attitude as Ben wraps an arm around her. 'Are you staying?' She asks.

'Yes you totally have to!' Rose gasps and you let out a laugh.

You nod at her and immediately wraps her arms around you, startling you a bit. You glance at Ben and you share a knowing look.

You knew he would've been totally able to finish that ship on his own. He had four ships to help him. Of course he called for you because he knows you feel alone, you don't have friends or family. So he brought you here, to give you the same he had received after defeating Palpatine.

A family.

While Finn and Poe are arguing you can't seem to keep your eyes off of Poe.

Maybe you'll have even more than just a family. If you know what I mean..