Chapter 12

With your dresses bought and the Christmas Eve party scheduled for later that night, your life was supposed to be free of drama and mishaps, but that wasn't how your past couple of days went. It had been five days since Lavender had slapped you, five days since Ron had last spoken to you. You hadn't tried to talk to Ron because Lavender followed him everywhere. Harry and Hermione were mad, to say the least. It seemed like Ron didn't care that he had lost one of his closest friends. In fact, he seemed oblivious to any turmoil that was around him. He would laugh and joke as usual, but he would become stoic and cold around you. Hermione was so angry at how he was treating you, she refused to look at him, and Harry only talked to him if it was necessary.

Ron had stopped sitting with you at meal times, instead, seating himself around Lavender and her friends. Every so often, you would catch him eying up his usual seat, which was now used by Seamus, but every time he noticed you looking at him, he would turn away. Lavender was acting even colder to you than Ron. She took every opportunity to say something nasty to you, or to trip you over. She only succeeded in the latter once, and Hermione instantly jumped into action, pushing her harshly away from you. You had stood up and raised your wand to jinx her, but had seen Professor Snape rounding the corner and were forced to back down. Even if you had lost one of your closest friends, you weren't alone, and that was the only thing holding you together.

It was six o'clock, and you, Hermione, Harry, Seamus, Dean, Neville and Ginny had just finished dinner, entering the busy common room. You had one hour until the party would be starting, so you and the other girls rushed up to the dormitories to get ready. Ginny grabbed her clothes and makeup and followed you and Hermione into your dorm. Lavender and Parvati were mumbling something as you walked in. Lavender, as usual, had a disgusted look on her face when she saw you.

"Oh, look what the cat dragged in. Come on P, let's go, we wouldn't want to pick up any whorish tendencies." Lavender sneered, slamming her shoulder into yours as she passed you on the way to the door. Parvati followed her out, glaring.

"Yikes, what does my brother see in her?" Ginny asked, letting her belongings tumble out of her arms and onto Hermione's bed.
"What kind of shit insult is that anyway? Cant she at least try a little harder?" You scoffed and sat down at your dresser. With that comment, you three got to work. You helped the other girls with their makeup before getting into your clothes. You picked out your favourite outfit from your wardrobe and pulled it on before putting some makeup on. Once you were all ready, the clock read ten past seven. Together, you and your friends descended the dorm stairs and walked into the common room.

The usually warm and cozy common room now had the feeling of a night club. Red tissue paper covered all the lamps, dousing the room in a dark red glow. Music was blaring, streamers hung from the ceiling and the couches were pushed back to create enough room to dance. The food and drinks table was stacked with shots of fire-whiskey and the room was already full of tipsy teenagers. You spotted Harry, Neville, Seamus and Luna in the corner, and made your way over to them. Ginny immediately dragged a grinning Harry to the dance floor while Luna pulled Hermione away with her. Neville wandered over to the food, leaving you and a glum looking Seamus.

"Hey, what's wrong?" You asked, placing a comforting arm on his shoulder. He wasn't looking at you, so you followed his gaze to Dean, who was dancing with a boy, his hands gripping the boys hips tightly. "Well, how about we get something to drink and then we have a dance? Let's show him what he's missing." You smiled, taking Seamus' hand and pulling him over to the drinks. You grabbed him a shot, then took one for yourself, throwing your head back and swallowing before chucking away the plastic shot glass and pulling Seamus to the dance floor.

Bubble Pop Electric by Gwen Stefani began to blast through the speakers as Seamus spun you around, causing you to giggle. You took his hands, twisting him about before the two of you were joined by Hermione, Luna, Ginny and Harry. Ginny was grinding up on Harry, who looked giddy, and was probably glad that Ron wasn't here to see this. Hermione took your hand and pulled you over to one of the small tables that you usually studied at. She pulled herself up before offering you her hand, helping you up. You danced together on top of the table, earning whoops and whistles from the tightly packed crowd below up. Your hair flew wildly around you and your eyes grazed the crowd as you moved your hips, spotting the familiar red head of hair.

Ron was leaning up against the back wall, next to the portrait hole. He was wearing one of his favourite polo's with a pair of jeans and a cup in his hand. Lavender was dancing next to him, trying to get his attention, but his eyes were locked on you, and an odd look overcast them. They seemed darker than usual, and you felt a strange surge of courage course through you. You ran one hand through your hair, swinging your hips and biting your bottom lip as you sent a wink his way, a cheeky smirk making its way onto your face. Lavender's hand fell needily down his face as she tried to gain his attention, but his eyes trailed down your body as you laughed at the irony of the situation. Suddenly, the portrait hole opened next to Ron, and two redheads sauntered in. You gasped with delight, and jumped from the table, running into the twins arms.

"Well, look who it is-" George smirked, leaning down to kiss your cheek.

"-Our favourite trouble maker" Fred finished, kissing your other cheek.

"Broken any hearts yet?" They asked together, linking their arms with yours as they pulled you to the dance floor. Woman by Harry Styles started to play as they passed you another shot, downing one themselves. You followed suit and then sprang onto the dance floor, surrounded by your friends. Fred pulled you to him, pressing your chest against his has he bellowed the lyrics. You giggled before turning and lightly moving your hips against him. He smiled, his hands travelling to your waist. Out of the corner of your eye, you saw Ron scowl. Fred leaned down and started to whisper something in your ear, but that must have been enough for Ron, because he pushed off of the wall, stormed over to your group and grabbed you harshly by the hand. Ripping you from Fred's grip, he pulled you over to the bathroom, dragging you in and closing the door. Fred stood, watching the two of you leave with a knowing grin on his face.