Chapter 13

The music became muffled and Ron's heavy breathing was the main sound filling the small room. His hand was still gripping yours, his face angled away from you as you seated yourself on the lip of the sink.

"What the fuck, Ron?" You cried angrily. He spun around to face you, his eyes darker than usual. You looked up at him, your brows furrowed as you chewed slightly on your bottom lip. His hands jumped to your waist, his fingertips dancing along the fabric of your dress.

"Why are you doing this to me, Y/N?" He asked, his voice husky.
"Doing what?" One of his hands flew from your waist to cup your chin, lifting your head higher, his thumb trailing over your bottom lip. Your heart leapt in your chest and butterflies swarmed your stomach.

"Woah, Ron-" He leaned forward, his lips brushing your ear, his warm breath sending shivers down your spine.

"Tell me... Tell me you don't want me." He pulled back and your eyes searched his, trying to figure out what was going on.

"Ron, I don't understand..." Your voice trailed off and it was quiet for a second before Ron gripped your waist tighter, slamming his lips against yours. His lips were warm and soft, and tasted slightly of fire-whiskey. You moved your lips against his, unable to fight your desire. He slid his tongue against your bottom lip, biting it lightly. You parted your lips and he deepened the kiss. It was only then that you processed what you were doing. You pulled your hands up and pushed his chest harshly, breaking the kiss and sucking in a breath. Ron's chest heaved.

"What the fuck, Ron! You have a girlfriend, and you can't just fuck with my head whenever you want!" You cried angrily, wiping saliva from your lip. "You don't talk to me for days and now you've dragged me away so ypu can cheat on your girlfriend with me! Why are you acting like such a dickhead?" Ron reached out for you, but you turned away, pushed open the door and stormed out, leaving him alone with his thoughts.

~.~.~.~

The clock had struck twelve, meaning Christmas was here, so your group of friends decided what better thing to do than play a good old game of truth or dare. All you wanted, after the altercation with Ron, was to mope back up to bed and bury yourself under the covers, but Hermione wouldn't let you leave her side. As the group gathered into the emptying common room, the music was turned down low as a circle was formed. You were playing with Hermione, Luna, Lavender, Ron, Fred, George, Neville, Harry, Seamus, Dean and Ginny. Swallowing thickly, you took a seat in between Hermione and Fred, avoiding Ron's gaze that was burning into your cheek.

"Right!" Harry said, clapping his hands. His speech was slightly slurred. "I demand to go first!" Grinning, he pointed at Ginny. "Truth or dare... Ginny!" Everyone giggled as Ginny sat up straight.

"Truth!" She chose. You frowned and stuck your tongue out at her.

"Boo! Thats boring." You giggled. She stuck her tongue out back at you.

"Fine then, if you think it's so boring, then I'll make it interesting." Harry smiled. "Ginny, which girl here would you kiss?" Hermione and I looked at each other with wide eyes, before bursting out into giggles. Ginny thought for a moment before answering.

"It would have to be Y/N. She's just more of my type, sorry ladies." Ginny winks suggestively at you.

"If Harry doesn't work out, I'll be waiting babe." You blew her a kiss.

"Right, so..." The game continued on for a while, with Luna having to parkour down the moving staircases, George having to strip fly around Hogwarts and Neville having to sneak into the Slytherin common room to steal a lamp. After Hermione was truthed to say when she first knew she liked Luna, she turned to Lavender.

"Alright Lavender. Truth or dare!" Hermione asked menacingly. Everyone turned to the blonde and watched her fumble for words.

"Um- T- Dare!" She smirked smugly and crossed her arms.

"Suit yourself, I dare you to sing the song from the howler that you sent Ron." Hermione sneered at her as Lavender suddenly turned pale. You could feel your insides flip, this might be it. Ron might find out who sent the letter to him. You watched as Ron looked to Lavender expectantly. The room hushed as Lavender opened her mouth and began to sing. Well, you wouldn't call it singing, it sounded more like a dying cat was having its vocal cords played like a violin. Her voice was scratchy and off tune, and you were pretty sure she was tone deaf. Ron's face grew redder by the minute before he stood up and stormed out of the room. Lavender got up and followed him hurriedly.

The room was silent for a moment before people decided to continue playing. The portrait swung open moments later, and this time, only Lavender returned. She stomped over to you. "Ron says he wants to see you outside." she mumbled before sprinting up to the girls' dormitories. You really weren't in the mood to talk to Ron, but Hermione nudged you, so you reluctantly stood up and exited the common room. Ron was standing outside, leaning against the wall. You had to admit, even if he was a complete jerk, he did look good. Once he saw you, he righted himself before walking over to you.

"What do you want?" You asked, clearly pissed off.

"Oh, um... I wanted to tell you that I dumped Lavender. She told me she didn't send the letter." He mumbled, refusing to meet your eyes. As much as that made you feel good, you were still extremely angry.

"Good for you. Why are you telling me?" You crossed your arms.

"I was wondering, since I don't have a date to the dance anymore, if you would want to go with me. I know you haven't been asked yet, so I figured it would save us both the embarrassment-"

"Actually, Ronald, I have already been asked. So no, I won't be your backup plan for the dance. You're too late." And without waiting for a response, you walked back through the portrait hole to the common room. Everyone turned to face you.

"Oh, Y/N, you're just in time for Fred's dare!" Luna said happily. You smiled and sat down next to Fred. Suddenly, he scooped you up into his lap, smiling mischievously. Leaning down, he cupped your cheek with one hand, tilting your face up to meet him as he smashed his lips to yours. You were so confused after all of the night's events that you just went with it, moving your lips in synch. After what felt like eons, Harry called out.

"Time!" And you broke apart. "Thirty seconds was up, you can separate now." You were shocked and dazed as you slid off of Fred's lap. The one thing you didn't fail to notice was Ron's silhouette climbing the boys staircase.