Chapter 22

You were a little dazed after all of the hugging and greeting, it felt like you were a quaffle in the middle of a heated quidditch match. With now frazzled hair you and your friends made your way up the narrow stairs to what would be your sleeping quarters for the next two weeks. Ron and Harry went into Ron's room (Percy's old room, much bigger than Ron's old little cupboard) while you and Hermione went into Bill's old room. Two single beds were laid out in the room that was filled with trinkets and knick knacks from the muggle world that Arthur mustn't have been able to fit in his shed. Overall, it was nice and homey, and with Hermione sleeping mere metres away from you, you knew you would enjoy your time in the room. Although, you suspected very little of your time at The Burrow would be spent in your temporary dorm room because as soon as your trunks hit the floor, the door swung open and the twins sauntered in.

"Alright ladies?" George asked, raising a brow and linking his arm with yours.

"Luna and Ginny have arrived. They're downstairs if you would like to... say hello." Fred grinned, linking his arms with Hermione. You were both whisked away down the stairs by the twins and sure enough, the two girls were standing in the kitchen being smothered by the adults of the house just as you had been. Despite having already been on many dates with Luna, Hermione was visibly nervous. You understood though, Luna was hard to read most of the time, and Hermione was unsure if Luna even knew of her feelings towards her. You lightly squeezed Hermione's forearm before George pushed her towards the newcomers and she wandered into the crowd.

"So," The twins turned to you, speaking in sync, "You up for some quidditch before dinner?"

~.~.~.~

You only ever played quidditch with the Weasley's or if you were helping Harry and Ron practice for games. You had to admit, you weren't terrible. Flying was fun, and playing around with your friends never ceased to end in a muddy battle on the field, usually with Ginny tackling Harry off of his broom for being a cocky prat. And, of course, there was the added benefit of a sweaty Ron, but we aren't gonna talk about that.

You, and the rest of the players; Harry, Ron, Ginny, George, Fred, Luna (who was curious) and Hermione (who only joined because of Luna) dressed in some clothes that could be ruined and marched out into the field behind The Burrow, brooms in hand. Because of the short numbers, there were only four people to a team and no seekers, as there was no snitch (they were too expensive for the Weasleys to afford). Ginny (keeper), Fred (beater), You (chaser) and Hermione (chaser) were on one team and Ron (keeper), George (beater), Luna (chaser) and Harry (chaser) on the other. The game was rough to say the least. George and Fred were brutal, Ginny and Harry competitive as ever and Ron being unstoppable as usual. You were doing pretty good, so far the quaffle was yet to even touch the grass and you hadn't fallen off of your broom. The bludger had hit you a few times, but you managed a death grip on your broomstick. James, Remus and Sirius, the avid quidditch players that they were, had gathered around to watch the match.

You were flying through the field, quaffle clutched tightly under your armpit, one hand on your broom. Luna was flying behind you, but you zipped through the air, headed straight for Ron's goal hoops. He stood on defence, shoulders squared and tense, ready for your next move. His hair was shining in the sun and drifted against his forehead and fluttered across his eyes, being tousled by the wind. You bit your lip and told yourself not to get distracted. You angled yourself upwards as you got close to the goals, and Ron followed. As quick as you could, you shot downwards and threw for the hoop furthest from Ron. He followed the ball, and you waited with baited breath. The quaffle flew through the ring and you scored for your team. Down below Sirius called time, and everyone in the air flew down to the field below.

"Who won?" Harry called to his father over the rush of the wind. James held a score sheet and looked over it for an unreasonably long time. Harry moved to take a step forward and snatch the sheet before James held it above his head in a joking manner.

"Now, promise little 'uns that there will be no sore losers or there will be no custard for dinner." James chided teasingly. Sirius snickered and Remus just rolled his eyes with a smile.

"Right, sure thing. Promise no tantrums twins." You grinned at the two, who scoffed in your direction.

"Now, according to my expert score sheet, it seems that... Harry's team lost!"

You and your teammates erupted in cheers and yawps, jumping around in a big group huddle. Sirius and James joined, childishly whooping along as if they had taken part in the game themselves.

"Alright kiddywinks, I think we should get cleaned up now." Remus interrupted, grabbing Sirius and James by the collars of their shirts and walking them in the direction of The Burrow. The two men just continued to whoop and should, breaking free of Remus' hold and slinging their arms around his shoulders, jumping with him instead of your team.

"Good game, Hazza. I think you should stick to being a seeker though." George said, clapping the dejected boy's shoulder. The group headed inside to clean the mud and occasional scratch up. You fell back next to Ron who was straggling at the back of the group. The sun had started to set now, and the sky was drizzled with dark oranges and reds. You felt Ron's hand grasp yours, intertwining your fingers together.

"Good game, Love. I could really get used to seeing you flying around in my old jersey." He spoke, tugging at the sleeve of the shirt you were wearing. His voice was a little hoarse from yelling at his teammates over the wind. You stopped walking as everyone else entered The Burrow. Untangling your hand from his, you reached up and unclasped his headgear, your fingers grazing the side of his neck and under his chin. Ron gulped thickly, eyes flickering from your own to your lips. Lifting a hand, he cupped your cheek and guided your face up to his. You stood on your tiptoes and your lips met. His were chapped from being lashed by the wind, but they were warm. You kissed hurriedly, lips moving back and forth hard. His tongue slid across your bottom lip, and you parted them without thinking. You let out a hot, heavy breath before his tongue slipped into your mouth, the kiss growing needier. Sliding a hand from its place on his shoulder, up his neck and into his hair, you tugged on it. In response, he let out a deep groan and dropped his hand to grope your ass. You squealed in shock, and he chuckled into the kiss before pressing you hard against him. A clattering came from inside The Burrow, and you pulled away hurriedly, looking towards the door. A few seconds later, Molly rushed into the doorway.

"What are you kids doing? You'll catch a cold, and dinner will be ready soon. Come in, come in." She rushed away as soon as she finished speaking, and you and Ron turned back to each other, breaking out in giggles. The laughter faded, and you looked at each other. Ron smiled softly and reached up to cup your face, dragging his thumb across your bottom lip.

"You look so good with swollen lips. I love seeing what I do to you." And with that he walked inside, leaving you flustered and blushing in the cool winter breeze.