Chapter 27

Your heartbeat fluttered erratically before halting in your chest. It felt as if time itself had stopped. You hadn't really meant to say those words, it just kind of slipped out. It felt right. And you weren't lying, you really did love Ron Weasley. You loved Ronald Billius Weasley. Despite his occasionally fiery temper, or his moth eaten dress robes. You loved him.

Ron himself had seemed to stop as well. He froze, looking up at you. He held a wide eyed stare before a giddy grin broke out on his face.

"Really?" He asked, almost in ecstatic awe. "You really love me?"

You scoffed, "Of course I do. I wouldn't lie about that. Besides, you aren't hard to fall in love with." You smiled down at him, the world beginning to return to normal as your heart thudded happily in your chest. Ron's hands slid up and down your sides as he looked up at you, an uncontrollable grin shining on his face.

"Wow, I cannot believe that the Y/N L/N really just professed her love to me. I- I'm at a loss for words." He joked, but you could tell from his blushing cheeks that he was happy.

"Well, that's not saying much." You grinned, and Ron rolled his eyes playfully before tugging you down to meet your lips with his, both of you smiling into the kiss.

Ron pulled away and looked up at you, eyes shining brightly. "I love you too, Y/N. More than I thought I could love anyone. When I look at you or think about you, it feels like I've just swallowed a crate of the twin's fireworks. I've never felt this way about anyone. I think I've loved you for a long time, and I don't think I'll ever stop loving you." You bit your lip to unsuccessfully hold back your cheshire grin and leaned down, peppering Ron's face with kisses, pausing after each one to profess your love again and again. When you were done, Ron held your face in his hands and sighed. "I don't want this day to ever end, Love." His hands moved from your face to your waist and he pulled you to him once again. His fingers raked through your hair slowly, sending you into a doze once more.

~.~.~.~

Hermione thudded up the stairs of the Burrow, the rest of its inhabitants already seated at the dinner table, aside from Ron and Y/N. Hermione, unfortunately, had been sent to retrieve them.

"They'd better not be doing anything obscene, I swear to Merlin." She muttered darkly, approaching Ron's door and knocking. There came no answer, but Hermione assumed they may be using a silencing spell, so she had no choice but to hesitantly push the door open, expecting the worst. Instead, she saw her friends lost in a nap, cuddled together like a pair of cats in the sun. She smiled lightly, but then remembered that she was missing dinner because of them, and stormed over, slapping Ron on the head harshly, jolting him from his slumber with a groan.

"Wa's happenin' 'Mione?" Ron slurred, stirring and causing you to wake.

"Get up you pair of lazy roaches, dinner has started and I assume the twins have already eaten half of the table." She scolded, grabbing both your and Ron's arms and tugging you from the bed. You both grumbled incoherently as she stormed from the room and back to the bottom floor. You rubbed your eyes sleepily and looked up at Ron who was smiling at you softly, offering you his hand. You took it and both stood, making your way down to dinner.

~.~.~.~

Because you were late, you had to clean up whilst the rest of the party dispersed to eat dessert, play some wizards chess or perform some kind of nefarious activities in the case of the twins. It was okay though, because Ron was cleaning with you. After what felt like years, you had cleaned up every plate and was just about to head upstairs for another shower before bed when Ron took your hand and pulled you outside. The night sky was pock marked with stars and the moon shone yellow in the sky, illuminating Ron's smiling face. You followed him out to the side of the Burrow where a ladder clung up the outer wall.

"It's safe, I promise." Ron said. "You go first. I promise if you fall that I'll catch you. I mean just look at these arms." He grinned, flexing his biceps. You grinned at him and shoved him out of the way, climbing up the ladder, Ron following behind you. "Nice view." He spoke, and you looked out at the garden agreeing, before noticing that Ron was actually staring at your arse. In retaliation, you pretended to slip, giving him a mini heart attack.

"Sure you can catch me, Wheezy?" You teased as you continued upwards. Finally, you both reached the roof of the Burrow, and seated yourself against the flat shingles. "The view really is stunning though." You commented, looking out on the sprawling fields that surrounded the house. Ron lay back against the roof and pointed up at the stars, you following suit. You lay there for what felt like hours, recalling the names and meanings of the glittering constellations and reading eachothers palms like Professor Trelawney had taught you. Both of your palms had long, prominent heart lines. You sighed as Ron's fingers traced your palms lightly before interlacing his hand with yours, bringing it up to kiss the back of it and looking deep into your eyes.

You grinned and sighed, "I love you, Wheezy."

Ron smiled back, "I love you more."

I think this is a good place to end it, folks! I hope you all enjoyed this short story, and I want to thank everyone that voted and commented, I read every one and istg some of y'all are on crack. Maybe I'll be back soon for another x reader fanfic. I have a few possible characters that I wanna write about in my bio so if you wanna check it out and request anyone I might start a new story. Until next time ~
Kat :)