Chapter 24

Christmas was three days away, and you awoke with that lovely feeling of excitement that comes hand in hand with the holiday season. Today was snowing, a welcomed change to the winds from yesterday, and you bundled yourself further under your duvet, peering out the window through your makeshift cocoon. The bed next to you was empty, not an unusual sight, as Hermione was characteristically up bright and early every day. Deciding to make the most of your holiday, you rolled out of bed and changed into something a little more presentable before making your way to the kitchen. Hermione was reading at the table, Luna peering over her shoulder whilst Harry ate breakfast, discussing something happily with Ginny. Molly bustled about, but smiled when she saw you.

"Y/N, dear, I was just wondering where you were. Did you happen to see Ron on your way here?"

"No, sorry Molly. I can go check on him if you'd like?" You asked, and she nodded happily, turning back to her task. You turned and made your way upstairs to Ron's new room. You hadn't actually been in it before, as the last time you were here he occupied the space under the attic, so you were excited to see what his new room looked like. You made it to his door, and knocked lightly. There was no response. You felt a little bad about waking him, but slowly opened the door anyway, as you wanted to spend some time with him. A bundled lump of blankets lay curled up on a double bed that was pushed to the corner of the room. On the floor next to it was a single mattress that you assumed was Harry's makeshift bed. The room was furnished much nicer that his old one, due to the increase of space. A Chudley Cannon poster was hung up on the door of a large oak wardrobe. Scattered across the walls were various pictures of you and Ron, Ron and Harry, Hermione and you, the whole group. There were a plethora of pictures that you didn't even know were taken of just you, reading a book in the library, dozing in the common room, laughing, daydreaming, studying. You smiled lightly as affection for your boyfriend bubbled in your chest, and you could hardly contain the urge to jump on him and snuggle into his bed.

Walking lightly across the floor, you peeled back a layer of blankets to reveal Ron's tranquil face. His eyelashes lightly brushed the tops of his cheeks and his lips were slightly puffy and rosy with sleep. You poked his cheek once, then twice, then a third time, calling his name softly.

"Roooonnn~" He only muttered lightly in response, scrunching his nose in unconscious disapproval. You turned around, giving up when a warm hand grabbed your wrist. Turning back to the bed, Ron looked up at you with sleepy eyes, a dopey grin playing across his features.

"Am I dreaming?" He questioned, earning a scoff from you.

"You wish. Who knows what you would try to get away with then." In response, he bit the inside of his cheek and looked away nervously. You raised an eyebrow. Ron tugged sharply at your arm, and you tumbled down on top of him. He shifted under you, his hands holding the covers, opening them like wings and engulfing you beneath them so now the only thing separating you from him were your clothes. Chest to chest, you found yourself quite flustered, but powered through. Confidence is key, you told yourself.

"Morning, Handsome. This is quite a wake up call." You joked. He smiled and pressed a kiss to your forehead.

"Don't wanna get up. M' too comfy." His arms wound around your waist and he snuggled you, pulling you upwards and onto your side so he could nuzzle his face into your neck more comfortably. You grinned and reached your hand up to his hair, stroking through it lightly. In response, Ron sighed happily and squeezed your waist, pressing you further into him. You gasped lightly in surprise and he raised his head from your neck to look you in the eyes, heavily lidded with sleep and... something else.

"Your Mum asked me to wake you up for breakfast. From the looks of it, it seems that almost everyone has left for the day." You mumbled into his hair, now pressing your face into him. He cupped your cheeks and lifted your face to his, pressing a light kiss to your lips. He trailed his kisses across your face, from your lips to your cheeks, forehead and nose before moving them downwards. He kissed your neck, and then began lightly nipping and sucking at the sensitive skin. Your hands involuntarily furled into his shirt fabric in shock before laughing and pulling away. Ron pouted at you.

"I don't wanna get up yet, but maybe we have the house to ourselves today. Seems kinda exciting." He commented, his voice still thick with sleep, slightly raspy. You weren't going to lie, you did find his morning voice alluring. He slid his hands up and down your waist, occasionally stopping to squeeze your hips. He seemed deep in thought. Then, without warning, he pushed off the covers and pulled you from the bed. "Let's have breakfast now."

~.~.~.~

The house was empty, and the only sounds were the soft chirping of birds and the tinkling of the wind chimes that Arthur had hung all around the outsides of the windows of The Burrow. He thought they warded off flies. No one had the heart to tell him. You and Ron laid back on the couch in a dozy haze, still sleepy. Your legs were slung over the armrest of the couch with your head in Ron's lap. He was sunk into the couch, his fingers trailing through your hair and tracing lazy patterns against your skin. He let out a sigh, and you stretched your back, groaning out in satisfaction. Ron paused, turning away from you with red cheeks. You looked up at him in confusion before shifting yourself so you were straddling his lap.

"What's wrong?" You asked, tilting your head at him. He looked at you from the corner of his eye and then glanced down at you in his lap. You leaned forward, and he let out a gasp.

"Oh..."