Chapter 17

The deep red letter felt unusually heavy in your hands as your eyes locked with Ron's. Did he know that you sent him the howler? Did he send it? These questions flashed through your mind at warp speed, and you felt as though everyone's eyes were on you. The letter began to shake in your hands, threatening to rip itself open if you didn't do it yourself.

"Oh, open it! Open it Y/N!" Hermione chanted from next to you, a strange knowing look cast itself across her face as she bounced excitedly in her seat. You fumbled with the wax seal, finally breaking it open, and the letter hovered out of your hands, just above the table.

You're just too good to be true

Can't take my eyes off of you

A melodic, deep voice rang throughout the great hall, husky and sweet and somewhat familiar. You could feel your cheeks redden, staring at the letter incredulously.

You'd be like Heaven to touch

I wanna hold you so much

At long last, love has arrived

And I thank God I'm alive

You're just too good to be true

Can't take my eyes off of you

You ripped your eyes away from the letter, and looked at Ron, who had his eyes locked on yours. His cheeks were pink, and the tips of his ears were red, but a nervous smile had made its way onto his face. Harry was sitting next to him, positively beaming, and Hermione was humming along to the song. Seamus, who was on the other side of you, nudged you playfully, winking.

I love you, baby

and if it's quite alright

I need you, baby

to warm the lonely nights

I love you, baby

Trust in me when I say

You could see Lavender in your peripheral vision storming out of the great hall, Parvati following after her but you didn't care. You felt as though you were flying.

And let me love you, baby

Let me love you

The howler folded itself up neatly, and flew into your book bag, tucking itself between your textbooks. The hall broke out into whispers and giggles as students' eyes glanced between you and Ron, who were still staring at each other, small, shy smiles plastered on your faces. Ron coughed suddenly, standing up and glancing between you, Harry and Hermione.

"Well, I think I'm going to head out to the Black Lake..." His eyes lingered on you before he turned and left the hall. You sat still for a minute, until Hermione took her rolled up copy of the Daily Prophet and whacked you on the shoulder with it.

"Go on! Follow him!" She orders, lightly pushing you up from your seat. You wandered out of the great hall in a daze, mindlessly making your way through the corridors until the hall opened up into the large space of the courtyard.

Sunlight filtered through the leaves of the trees and you made your way outside. You didn't spot Ron immediately, but when you heard someone humming the same song that had just played in the great hall, you grinned to yourself and continued your search.

Ron was sitting at the base of a large tree, looking out at the Black Lake. The sunlight that flooded through the leaves caught fragments of his hair, making it look as though it was liquid fire. He was still lightly humming the tune of Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You by Frankie Valli. You took your seat down next to him.

Turning to you, his famous lopsided grin made its way onto his features. "I was worried you weren't gonna come, Love." His warm fingers grazed over the knuckles of your left hand, sending sparks up through your arm and down your spine. You shivered slightly.

"You have a really nice voice." You grinned back at him, attempting to bite back to the goofy smile that was threatening to take over.

He hummed. "Well so do you." You could feel your face flush at the statement. "I overheard you singing the other day..." His face grew red and then he became suddenly serious. "I want you to know that I won't be upset if you don't feel the same way about me, but I really don't want to lose you as my best friend. You're like my other half, and I understand if you need space, but I want you to remember that." His eyes looked watery, but you smiled at him.

"I've liked you for a long time." You pause, drinking in his features before putting a cocky smirk on your face. "You aren't getting rid of me that easily, Wheezy." Ron bit his lip before putting his hand on your cheek, his thumb caressing your jaw. Leaning forward, he paused when his lips were just centimetres away, and you could smell his sweet cinnamon scent.

"I think I'm in love with you..." You couldn't help but grin at his words, your heart doing somersaults in your chest.

"I think I'm in love with you, too." Not a second after you finished, Ron pulled you closer, closing the gap between your lips and kissing you. The kiss was much sweeter than the one from Christmas Eve, and you could feel the passion and love that you had both been holding back from each other. Fireworks exploded behind your eyelids as you brought your hand up to his red locks, running your fingers through his soft hair. He smiled into the kiss before pulling away.

"Y/N L/N, would you do the honour of accompanying me on a date tomorrow?" Ron grinned at you, and you nodded, watching as his grin grew even wider.

okie so I might take longer between updates now, and I was also wondering if you had any requests, because I'm starting to have writers block - oops >:( ... So it would be really helpful if any of you did :) ~ Kat