Chapter 27: The Marking

Rykan's disorganization in the office had my anxiety going off on record levels. I hated messes. That was why I was now organizing everything into folders and binders and color coding it. I may have also been obsessing over it to distract myself from how incredibly badly I wanted Rykan.

Xavier stopped in for like the fourth time, raising an eyebrow. "Luna, you've been doing this for hours," he pointed out.

"Dude, I can't take it," I huffed, gesturing to the office and the complete mess it was. "How does someone get any work done like this? No wonder he's always grumpy when he leaves this room."

"Do you want my help?" He offered.

"No, it's okay," I said, picking up another paper. "You can go train, Xavier, you don't have to stay with me all day. I wasn't planning to go anywhere."

"Are you sure?" He frowned.

"I'm sure. It's not like you don't train right outside the house anyway," I pointed out. "Hey, did you talk to Catelyn for me?"

Catelyn was the witch mated to one of the pack members. I was drawn to the witch stuff I'd learned about in Rykan's books about supernaturals but they didn't go deep into the witch things and I was curious about it.

"I did," he nodded. "She said she would bring over some witch history books tomorrow."

"Cool," I said, smiling up at him. "Thank you. You're awesome."

"It's not a problem, Luna," he chuckled. "I'll join the training but if you need something..."

"You're right outside. I know," I assured him.

He left and I kept going until it was less nerve-wracking to look at. I wasn't done but I'd take the small improvement at least. My phone went off and I saw a text from Annie, asking if I could have dinner with her tonight.

After a few weeks of lying to my two best friends, I couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't tell them the whole truth but I could at least tell them I was seeing someone and so I did. At first they were a little uncertain, they were worried I was jumping into something serious too fast. They wanted me to have rebounds, they'd made that abundantly clear, but getting into something serious so soon had them worried. I couldn't blame them, I was well aware how it looked from the outside. But being the best friends they were, they expressed their concern and then let it go and supported me. Actually, I was supposed to be finding a day Rykan could go out with the three of us.

I answered Annie's text, telling her I couldn't tonight because I had plans with Rykan but I wanted to do dinner sometime this week. I headed to my and Rykan's bedroom as I texted her then walked over to the window to see if they were still training. When the weather was nice, they trained right outside the house instead of in the gym. I didn't want Rykan to know but I often came and watched him train. It was ridiculously sexy to watch and every day I just wanted him even more.

I tossed my phone on the nightstand and leaned over the window sill, watching him train, my throat going dry because apparently all my moisture was going right between my legs. The muscles in his arms, back, chest, abs, they all flexed as he moved forward, throwing and dodging punches. It suddenly felt very difficult to breathe. I could just imagine him, that chest pressed against mine, those arms around me as he thrust...

I had to actually physically hold in the moan. His eyes darted right over to me and I squealed and jumped back, hiding behind the curtain. God, I was going to lose my mind. I wanted him so much. What was wrong with me?

Right. He said it would get more intense the longer we waited. If I was being honest, I only waited this long because the divorce was still being processed but I'd been here a while now and... To hell if it was wrong, I wanted him. I wanted him badly and I already decided that when I started taking birth control a few weeks ago so that when I was ready, I could have him with nothing between us. And I was ready. I wanted him.