Chapter 12: Strong

If you are on Patreon, please don't spoil what happens in the next chapters, thanks ❤❤❤

Avoiding looking at Rykan seemed like a wise idea if I was going to be able to focus at all. So although it was difficult, I didn't spare him another glance before I started back to the pool tables. I didn't need to look to know he was following me. I could feel him behind me. He had a presence like no other.

"That took a long time," Les said, looking between me and Rykan suspiciously.

"You know how bathroom lines are," I said, waving my hand dismissively before grabbing the pool cue. "All right, we're breaking?" I asked, glancing around.

Everyone nodded, including Rykan. Oh, he was going to regret this. I bent over the table and lined up my shot at the cue ball. I pulled my cue back and snapped it forward, standing up straight as the cue ball collided with the other balls, sending two solids and four stripes into the holes.

The shocked look on Rykan's face was everything. I walked past him as he stared at the table in disbelief.

"We're stripes," I said, lining up my next shot. "Fifteen in the corner pocket," I said, gesturing to the pocket, nodding to it before taking my shot.

It went in and I circled around the table, lining up my next shot.

"Combo shot. Eleven in the corner, nine in the side," I said, snapping my cue forward.

It hit the cue ball, sending it flying into eleven. The eleven bounced off the nine, landing in the corner pocket while also knocking the nine into the side pocket.

"What the..." Lucas said, his eyes widening.

"Eight ball in the corner pocket," I said, gesturing to the pocket with my pool stick before lining up my shot and sinking the ball. "Game," I announced, standing up straight and glancing over at Rykan.

His eyes were on the table, his brows furrowed, disbelief written all over his face. His head snapped to me and he narrowed his eyes.

"Best out of three," he said, narrowing his eyes at me. "We break this time."

He and Lucas went around the table pulling the balls out and setting the game up again. Rykan went first, breaking and sending four balls into the pockets, evenly split between stripes and solids. He surveyed the table before glancing over at me.

"Stripes," he announced, bending down to take his next shot.

His arms flexed as he lined up the shot, making me bite down on my lip to stop myself from whimpering at the sight. God, he had a nice body.

"What is going on with you two?" Les whispered, taking a place next to me and nodding at Rykan.

"Nothing," I answered quickly. "Why would you think there's anything going on?"

"Besides the fact I could cut the sexual tension with a knife," she said, narrowing her eyes suspiciously. "You're red as a tomato right now. Don't even act like you weren't checking him out."

"I'm not blind," I hissed. "But nothing's happening. I'm married."

"Hardly," she snorted. "We all know it's over. You should get his number for after you leave. You two obviously have chemistry and you said you wanted to be fucked hard by someone who knows what they're doing. I bet he knows what he's doing. I bet they both do."

"Stop," I scolded, crossing my arms.

I already knew he knew what he was doing but I didn't need to tell her that. Rykan made two more successful shots before barely missing one. He was decent, actually. Not as good as me. I stepped forward but he intercepted me, stepping between me and the table.