Chapter 19: Staying The Night

It was easy to decide I felt safe and didn't want to sleep without Rykan, even if he was being a pain in my ass about it. But how could I explain that to Les and Annie? I took a deep breath and brought the phone to my ear, hearing Annie and Les freaking.

"Sorry, I dropped my phone," I said.

"God, you're going to give me a heart attack!" Annie hissed.

"We're a little on edge," Les added.

"So I've noticed," I said sheepishly. "Look, can I call you back? I really feel like I should talk to this guy after everything he did for me."

"Will you call back soon?" Les asked.

"She better," Annie huffed.

"Promise it'll be soon," I assured.

"You've got ten minutes, babe. If you don't call in ten minutes I'm calling you and if you don't answer, I'm going to find Evan and break every bone in his stupid body with my bat," Annie warned.

"Yes ma'am," I said.

"We love you," Les said.

"I love you both too. Talk to you soon," I said, ending the call.

"What's your plan?" Rykan asked, cocking his head to the side.

"How would you have Luke watch over Les?" I asked.

"I'd just have him stay all night," Rykan shrugged.

"How do you know Les would agree?" I frowned.

"I wasn't planning on her knowing, angel," he said, running his fingers through my hair. Why did I like that so much? "I'd have him keep watch from a distance."

"He wouldn't mind?" I asked, biting my lip.

"He's my Beta, it doesn't matter if he minds. He follows orders."

"It matters to me," I frowned.

Rykan sighed and rolled his eyes, shaking his head. A breeze hit me and I jumped when I saw Luke standing next to me. Good Lord what the hell with this speed??

"Go ahead," Rykan said, gesturing to Luke. "Ask him."

"What is it, Luna?" Luke asked, looking at me in concern.

"Um, I just... I'm worried about Les. If Evan comes looking for me," I explained.

"I'll watch over her," he offered.

"You don't mind?" I asked.

"Of course not, Luna. Happy to do it," he said with a decisive nod.

"Okay. Thank you," I said, offering a small.

He bowed his head and just as quickly as he came, he was gone. Yeah, that would take some getting used to.

"So you're staying with me," Rykan said, making me look over at him with a frown.

"Like you gave me a choice," I scowled.

"I did," he shrugged. "I said you could go or take me with you."

I sighed, raising an eyebrow. He narrowed his eyes and pulled me closer to him so our faces were only inches apart. "I also asked what you wanted and I didn't get an answer, did I? What do you want, Kora? Do you want to sleep without me?"

Having him so close had my heart racing. I darted my eyes away. "No. I don't want to sleep without you," I mumbled.

"Then why are you giving me so much fucking trouble?" He grumbled, standing from the couch and lifting me with him.