I'm Not Playing This Game

Most of the day just consisted with Y/n introducing me to her relatives while wearing a fake smile. Some were nice, others were rude or passive aggressive towards Y/n and I. Personally, I didn't care what they said, but I knew all too well Y/n was breaking inside.

"Frankie, are you doing alright?" She asked, pulling me away for the tenth time this evening.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I spoke, slightly irritated.

"What?" She asked, worriedly. I shrugged, "Darling, what's the matter?" Her eyes were focused solely on mine. Why's she gotta look at me like that? Ugh...

"Sweetheart, I'm fine," But she wouldn't let up, "Fine, I'm just... I dunno..." She hugged me and stroked the back of my hair, "There's nothing going on with me. It's you." Immediately, she pulled away, confused.

"Me? Did I do something?"

"You're not acting like yourself. Ever since we got here you've been pulling fake smiles on people. I don't like seeing you this way."

"Oh, I kinda, have to. If they knew how I was really doing... oh I'd get so many questions. They wouldn't be really that supportive. It's just best that they don't know."

"Do they know about the drinking?" She stayed silent, "Your suffering?" She shook her head, "They don't know anything you're going through?" Again, she shook her head, "No wonder they're acting like such assholes." Before I could speak again, she hugged me.

"Please don't say anything."

"I'm not gonna. I'd rather stay out of it, this is up to you, not me."

"Thank you..."

"Uhuh..." I kissed the side of her head before pulling away, "C'mon, you can introduce me to more of your relatives."

"Mkay, uhm..." She thought for a moment, gazing around the lot, "Let's go talk to my mom."

"Okay..." Y/n took my hand and led me to a table near the pool with an umbrella over it. A woman sat there who shared quite a few features with the girl beside me. She had the same hair color as Y/n's with grey streaks spreading through.

"Hi mom..." The woman gazed over and smiled.

"Y/n! There you are," She had a gigantic smile on her face, one almost identical to the fake one my girl wore, "I've missed you." The woman got up from her chair and hugged Y/n.

"Me too..." After a moment, they pulled away and Y/n's fingers were back between mine. The woman noticed.

"Who's this?" Her mother cocked an eyebrow, now studying me.

"This is Frank. He's my patient, and we're also, together." Y/n explained, then smiled at me.

"Together!?" She looked back at her mother, "I thought you were single..." Her mother spoke in almost a saddened tone.

"Not anymore."

"Oh," The woman took a moment to process this, then produced a smile, "That's... nice..." Damn... she doesn't sound too happy... I knew this would happen... I'm so shitty...

"Yeah..." It went quiet for a moment, "I saw that Dallon came. Why is he here?"

"Oh, uhm... well... I invited him."

"Why? He's not... family..." Y/n spoke, "He used to be, but-"

"Do I have to have a reason? Dallon's a sweet guy. He's not gonna cause trouble," The woman said in a defensive tone, "If anything, that," She pointed to me, "Man will cause trouble. I can tell." There it is...

"Mom, Frank's fine. He's a good guy."

"He hasn't spoken one word to me none the less smiled the whole time he's been here," I just rolled my eyes, not really caring as I had heard this same spiel about a dozen times, "Can he even speak?" Y/n took those words hard, but smiled more.

"Of course he can speak." They both went quiet, waiting for me to talk. I don't like this...

"Look," I began in a slightly agitated tone, "I'm not gonna cause any trouble, unless any harm is done to Y/n." Was all I said.

"Aww..." Y/n smiled. The woman rolled her eyes, but was pulled away by someone calling her name.

"Frankie, I'm so sorry. I thought she'd be happy."

"It's fine babe, I'll be fine." She kissed my cheek.

"Alright, I just need you to know, that I love you." I love you too...

"Yeah yeah, I'm fine..." We then just wandered around the lot, talking and whatnot, until Dallon came over to us.

"Hey Y/n," He greeted, running a hand through his dark brown hair.

"Hi..." She greeted. Then I felt a tap on my shoulder, I turned to find one of Y/n's sisters. Which one you ask? I couldn't remember what her name was after meeting so many people.

"Frank, right?" She asked. I nodded.

"And you are?" I asked.

"Delilah, we met out front," As she spoke, I felt Y/n's fingers leave mine. I turned to my girl, but was only pulled away, "C'mon, I wanna show you something..." I knew exactly what was happening. Shit... they're keeping me away... Y/n...

"What about Y/n?" I asked, now looking back at Dallon and Y/n, walking and talking.

"What? You can't leave her side for a few minutes? She's fine. Now enough about her, I need you, to help me."

"Help with what?"

"Making dinner of course." She spoke as if I should've known as we walked inside, to the kitchen.

"Dinner? I can't exactly cook."

"Well that's a shame. Y'know, Dallon is an amazing cook. Him and Y/n used to cook all the time." I rolled my eyes.

"Good for them. I'm not cooking." It's not that I can't... I can cook somethings... but I haven't in so long... it drains me...

"Why not?"

"Cause I said so. I'm not playing this game."

"Game?" She asked, fake confused.

"Yeah, I know what's up. You're trying to keep me away from my girl. Trying to break us up," I chuckled, "She's not gonna give in," Delilah stood with her jaw dropped, "You guys did want me to talk more, right? Well there ya go."

"That's not what I'm doing..." I began to yawn, feeling my body drain from all the talking, "I just wanna get to know you."

"Whatever..." I left the room and went upstairs into the bedroom. She followed.

"Frank, I-" She spoke as I fell into the bed.

"Go away..."

"Fine, but just so you know, you don't deserve my sister. She'd be way better off with a real man." I turned to her with a "seriously?" sort of look.

"Yeah, I know. But, how do you know what's best for her? I'm not sure why, but I seem to make her pretty happy," I yawned, "I'm her sunshine."

"Her sunshine? You? You're just a dirt bag."

"Tell me something I don't know. Now, go away!" She scoffed, but left. I hate it here... I should've just stayed home... why does Y/n like me so much? I don't get it... I'm shit...

OwO-
Shits bitchin', ahhhhh I haven't updated in awhileee. But I do have a very interesting thing planned for these up coming chapters :) Have a sick day~peace out cheesebags