Gerard?

Once we got back to my house, I immediately went upstairs, and into bed. Y/n followed about twenty minutes afterwards with my bag behind her.

"Hey..." She set the bag on the floor, then smiled.

"What?"

"I'm happy to be back, and, I just got off the phone with Gerard," I hummed, "I told him how good you've been doing. He's very proud of you Frankie." Once again, I hummed. Then, she laid down beside me, not bothering to pull over the covers.

"Are you tired?" I nodded, "Alright, I'll be downstairs."

"Can't you stay?" I asked.

"I'd like to, but I gotta make lunch," She leaned over and kissed my forehead, "Get some rest, okay?"

"Okay..." I spoke. She smiled at me before getting up out of the bed.

"I'll be downstairs if you need anything, darling." I hummed, she stood by the door for just a second longer before leaving the room.

The room was so quiet. Usually, I'd have liked this. But now, I just felt, alone. Why do I feel this? I haven't felt this any other time before... Y/n... my sweetheart... what have you done to me?

My gaze was focused on the darkened ceiling above as I thought. I wish she had stayed... I like her touch... maybe I should... go downstairs... I should find her... I think I need a hug...

After a moment or two, I got out of bed, and wandered downstairs. Y/n stood in the kitchen, gazing into the refrigerator.

"Frankie?" She asked, now gazing at me, "Why aren't you in bed?"

"I missed you..." I walked over and hugged her from behind.

"Aww..." She giggled, shutting the fridge. Then, she turned around to face me, and pressed her lips against mine. Our sweet exchange was then interrupted by a knock at the door.

"Oh, I'll get it." She kissed my cheek before walking off. I followed, but not all the way to the door. Behind a wall, I watched as she opened the front door, and begin talking.

"Gerard? Hi..." She greeted.

"Hey," I heard the voice of my best friend, "Is Frank around? I brought lunch."

"Yeah, come in, he's inside."

"Cool..." He walked inside, Y/n shut the door behind him.

"Frankie..." She called, "He's here somewhere..." They walked into the living room and spotted me beside the wall. Woah... Gerard's hair got long... how long has it been since I've seen him?

"Hey man," Gerard greeted, "It's been awhile."

"Yeah..." He then hugged me. That took me by surprise, but I hugged him back. When he pulled away, he held a smile on his face.

"I brought veggie burgers!" He cried, holding up the bag, "Y/n said you guys came back early, so I figured we could have lunch."

"Rad..." I said.

"That's so nice," Y/n said, "I'll go so you two can catch up."

"No, you should stay." I said, taking her hand.

"I did bring enough for three." Gerard said.

"Oh, okay..." I sat beside Y/n on the love seat while Gerard sat on the couch, facing us.

"Frank, how've you been?" He asked.

"I've been alright. You?"

"Uhm..." I gazed over at Y/n, "I've been okay."

"Good," He said. For a good two hours we all talked and ate. I couldn't believe how long it had been since the last time I saw Gerard in person.

"...yeah, how's Mikey been?" I asked.

"He's doing good, nothing's really been happening." Then, I heard a phone vibrate. When I gazed over at my girl, she had already pulled her phone out.

"I should take this..." She said, getting up, "I'll be back in a minute." And she walked away.

"So, you two are like, a thing?" He asked.

"Yeah, I guess so. I dunno, it sorta, just, happened." He hummed.

"Well, whatever it is, I think it's helping you," He then chuckled, "And to think, you wanted to get rid of her."

"That's cause I didn't know her like I do now. She's the sweetest girl I've ever met." I said. My sweetheart...

"I thought so too. She's a really nice girl." I nodded.

"Too nice, sometimes," I said, he sent a confused look, "She cares too much. But I can't really say anything, I care too little."

"So you balance each other out." He said. Balance each other out... yeah...

"Yeah, I guess we do." Gerard's phone then vibrated, he pulled it out.

"Oh shit, I gotta get going. This has been fun," He got up from his seat just as Y/n came back into the room, "I wouldn't mind doing this again. When you're up for it."

"Yeah," I got up as well, "Me too."

"Gerard, are you leaving?" She asked.

"Uhuh, actually, Y/n, can we talk? For a minute?"

"Yeah, sure..." They went outside, talking on the porch. I just sat in the living room, alone. My gaze wandered towards the front door. What are they saying? Why do I care? Ugh... I don't care... I'm going upstairs...

I went upstairs, into my dark bedroom, trying to ignore my thoughts, and climbed into bed. Only a moment went by by the time Y/n came in.

"Hey Frankie..." She greeted, laying beside me.

"Hi..."

"Gerard said he's very proud of you," She said, "He thinks you being around me so much is helping." I hummed, not looking at her.

"You okay?" I nodded, "Tired?" I nodded once more, "We had a long day today." She cuddled up close to me as the room got quiet.

"It's been over a year since I last saw Gerard." I said into the darkness.

"When was the last time you saw him?"

"At the funeral. He came to comfort me, and I pushed him away, out of my life. At least, tried to. But, he just, kept coming back."

"He's a good friend to you. Gerard wants to help you. That's what good friends do." She said. I guess he is a good friend...

"Yeah... I was such an asshole to him. I was like that to everyone, but, Gerard was the only one who stuck by my side."

"Aww, he cares about you." She teased.

"Shut up, you do too!" I cried in a joking tone. She giggled.

"I know I do..."

OwO-
Ahhhh srry this took so long I had writers block for a few days ahh. But here it is. I hope you liked it. Have a good day~peace out cheesebags