Shower Laying Down

Y/n wasn't by my side today as I lay in bed. But, that didn't last very long.

"Frankie!" I heard from downstairs, "Frankie!" She called, the sound of footsteps coming up the stairs, "Frankie," She opened the bedroom door.

"What!?"

"You still aren't ready!" Frantically, she grabbed my empty suitcase from the floor at end of the bed, and began going through my stuff.

"Hey! Hey!" She stopped, "What're you doing!?" I asked, sitting up.

"Did you forget?"

"Forget what?"

"We're going to see my family today! You're not ready!" She exclaimed, "Go shower," She shoved a set of clothes into my hands, "Go!"

"Y/n, I can't shower..." Her body stopped moving as she gazed at me with caring eyes, "I'm not strong enough to do that. To stand for that long with the water..."

The weight... I haven't showered in ages... that feeling... of just... standing there... the water... pounding... pounding... over and over... like tiny hammers... it's so heavy... I can't take it...

"Hey, it's okay," She held my hands in her's, bringing me away from my thoughts, "Just do what I do and, shower laying down."

"Laying down!?"

"Yes! If you have no strength to take a shower standing, half ass it and take it laying down. If that doesn't work, sit! I just want you clean." Could I really do that? Woah...

"Alright! Alright! I'll shower..."

"Thank you," She kissed my cheek before fumbling through my clothes.

"Whatever..." I walked out and shut the door behind me. If you have no strength to take a shower... half ass it and take it laying down... could I do this with other things?

I set my clothes on the counter, then glared at the towel still hung over the mirror. She cares too much... only if I had the strength to-... wait... what if I...

My fingers tugged at the end of the towel, and it came undone half way. Nice... got half my mirror back...

Finally, I undressed myself, turned on the water, and did as my girl said. I laid down in the tub. Wow... what else can I half ass? The weight... it's not as bad... my feet don't have to carry so much... the water along with me...

Eventually, I finished cleaning myself, got dressed, and opened the bathroom door. Without even thinking, I chucked my dirty clothes across the hallway into the laundry room, not bothering to put them in the bin. Cool... half assed...

Once I opened the bedroom door, Y/n was just zipping up my suitcase. She gazed up at me with the cutest smile. Aww... my sweetheart... so beautiful... she's too good for me... for this world...

"Aww, you're all clean!" She bounced over and hugged me, "You smell so good..." I kissed the side of her head.

"Thanks," I pulled away.

"Your bag is packed." Her fingers held the handle, and rolled the luggage to me. I now held the handle, with my eyes on her's.

First time in a year I'm leaving town... am I really ready for this? What'll they say about me? They're gonna judge me so much... I mean... I can't compete with her ex... rich and handsome or whatever... I'm not good enough for her...

"You okay?" She asked. I nodded.

"Yeah, let's go sweetheart."

"Alright, just know, I'm here if you need." She took my free hand, leading me out of the room.

"Yeah yeah, I know babe." We made our way downstairs, and into the driveway.

"So, I told everyone you were coming," She began, putting my bag in the trunk, "But, I wasn't sure what to say you were to me, so I just told them you were my patient. Is that alright?" She asked before we climbed into the car.

"Yeah," I said, fastening my seatbelt, "Do they know we're kinda, a thing?"

"Sorta...?" I sent a confused look, "I hinted it..." She drove away from the house.

"Alright..."

"Don't worry darling, I'm sure they'll love you. I sure do," She giggled, "If for whatever reason they don't, I promise I'm not gonna leave you or anything, Frankie. I care about you so much."

"Thanks..." She gazed over as we stopped at a red light. With a small smile, she leaned over, and kissed my cheek.

"I love you." My insides felt soft from her sweet soothing tone.

Why must she love me? Out of all people? The questions I'll always ask myself... she's too good... way too good...

"Frankie? You okay?" She asked, sending a quick glance as she drove. No...

"Uhuh..." I said, "I'm just, a little nervous, I guess."

"Oh that's okay, I'm always nervous going to these things and they happen once or twice a year."

I just hummed, not wanting to talk much longer. My gaze went towards the side window as we drove in silence.

OwO-
Hi, sorry this chapter is so short. I didn't wanna get into the whole family reunion thing until next chapter. So yeah. Have a sick day~peace out cheesebags