Calm and Soothing

Tw~ mentions of death

Once again, I lie tiredly in bed. There was then a quiet knock on my door.

"Frankie?" I heard Y/n whisper, but I just ignored her. She knocked once again, "Frank...?" Finally, she slowly opened the door. Irritated, I eyed her.

"What did I tell you about coming in my room!?"

"Yeah, I know, and I'm sorry. But, uhm, I brought you some food if you're hungry." Why? Why's she still trying? Just fuck off...

"Mkay..." I spoke quietly, not having enough energy to freak her out.

"Alright," She held a small smile, "I'll be downstairs if you need me." Then, she quietly shut the door.

I feel bad... why do I feel bad? I shouldn't feel bad... she's the one who came into my house unannounced! Although... she is just trying to help... ugh, fuck... I guess I'll go down there... just for a few minutes...

Slowly, and tiredly, I slipped on a black sweatshirt to keep me warm instead of using a blanket cape. My exhausted body steadily carried me out the bedroom door. A yawn escaped my lips as I stepped down the stairs.

"Hey..." I drowsily greeted her once at the bottom of the stairs. Happily, she turned to me from the kitchen.

"Frankie!" She jumped up excitedly and took my hands, dragging me to the kitchen island. Maybe this was a bad idea...

"So," She let go and turned to me, "Gerard told me that you're a vegetarian. I made sure not to get anything you couldn't eat."

"Really?" I asked, eyeing the many "healthier" foods still in grocery bags on the kitchen island.

"Uhuh..." She spun her torso back and forth with a gigantic smile sent to me.

"That's... cool..." She jumped slightly and clapped her hands like an excited little kid.

"Oh, I knew you'd like it!" Then, she began to dig through the bags, "Here," She gave me an apple, "Now you'll have your own." And then turned back, putting the food away. I just eyed the fruit in my hand. Maybe I'll eat her food... but that's a big maybe...

"You gonna eat it?" She asked, bringing me back to reality.

"Uh," The smile on her face was so gigantic I thought it was going to peel right off and land right on the kitchen floor, "Yeah, maybe, I dunno. I'm not that hungry."

"Mkay," I watched as her fingers took the apple from me, and put it away in the fridge, "Y'know, you've gotta lotta room in here. It's kinda nice."

"Nice?"

"Yeah, cause I don't have to shove things in here or anything."

"Is that what you normally do?"

"Sometimes," She shut the refrigerator door and turned to me, "You wanna talk?" I shrugged, "It's just, you came downstairs, and you're not hungry. We don't have to, if you don't want to. I won't push you. Whenever you're ready."

"Uhm," I yawned, "No..."

"Mkay, I'm here if you need," She explained once again, "You seem exhausted. Go rest. I'll be here when you're ready to talk." Her voice was so calm and soothing. How'd she do that? She's usually so... loud... and excited... but that right there... I liked that...

"Wait," She looked to me, "Can you stay calm like that?"

"You like that?" She asked. I nodded.

"I'll talk if you don't freak out, alright?" A smile immediately spread across her face as her eyes flickered.

"Okay, I can do that. Let me just grab my notebook and pen..." She did so, rummaging through her bag, "Ready?" She asked with a smile.