I'll Quit Pretending If You Quit Pretending

Tw- very minor mention of suicide

Fast asleep in the confines of my bed, there was nothing to disturb me. It was quiet in my bedroom, which of course, I liked. At around ten at night, my dreamless sleep was soon interrupted by my phone.

I awoke to the little device buzzing. Tiredly, I groaned, but grabbed it. My eyes adjusted to the bright screen as I looked to see what could possibly be disturbing me. What I found were two messages sent by two different people. Why?

Gee: hey I just wanna check in on you, are you ok? (earliest)

No... why are you messaging me so late?

Unknown: it's Y/n, I just wanna say, I care abt you, stay strong Frankie, you'll get through this :) (latest)

I just had to call her... ugh...

Me: I'm doing ok ig, what do you expect from someone's who's depressed?

Gee: I just wanted to check in on you, see how you're doing

Y/n: you're strong, loved, and cared for<3

Ugh...

Me: well what do you want me to say!? I'm fucking depressed, I feel like shit every goddamn day, and I've been thinking abt ending my life, is that what you wanna hear!?

There was no immediate response. I just threw my phone across the room and tried falling back asleep. After a few minutes, I was beginning to drift off when the sound of the front door slamming closed came from downstairs. Fast foot steps made it up the stairs, through the hallway, and my bedroom door was swung open. Y/n hugged me tight before I could comprehend what was happening.

"What the hell!?" She was crying.

"I got... I got your message! Oh Frank, I thought something happened to you."

"Message!? I never sent you a message." She fumbled through her jacket pocket and pulled out her phone. I had to adjust my eyes again to the bright screen as I read.

Frank: well what do you want me to say!? I'm fucking depressed, I feel like shit every goddamn day, and I've been thinking abt ending my life, is that what you wanna hear!?

Shit... that was for Gerard...

"Oh, that wasn't for you! That was for Gerard."

"So... so you're okay?" She spoke through her tears. Ugh... her crying... makes me sad...

"Yeah... yeah I'm fine."

"Good," She hugged me again, "You really... really scared me..." The room went quiet as she calmed down. I drew circles on her back as she does for me.

"You gonna be okay?" I asked. She nodded, pulling away. Then, her eyes went wide as she realized something.

"Oh my god, I'm in your room! I'm so sorry. I-"

"Y/n, calm down. It's fine."

"Really!?" I nodded.

"Just, don't make a big deal of it!" She nodded.

"So, I can stay?" I nodded, then laid back down. She moved around and laid down beside me, not getting under the covers. Her body lay on its side, facing me, so I did the same.

"Hey Y/n?" She hummed, "Y'know the other night, when you were drunk n' all?"

"Uhuh..."

"Do you remember everything?"