Chapter 7: Safe

Suzy woke up to aching limbs and a beam of French sunlight streaming through her window.

She regained her bearings to the warm luxury mattress of her Parisian hotel room and without opening her eyes, her nostrils filled with the scent of chlorine. Too exhausted after the prior evening's festivities, Suzy had fallen asleep with dampened, chlorine soaked hair, completely naked after discarding her saddened clothes on the bathroom floor.

A smile had appeared on her face as she remembered Joohyuk; as she remembered the joy of being silly and letting go last night. At the thought, she had not noticed her hand now covering the side of her neck, the very side Joohyuk had kissed so innocently in the throes of their submerged, watery fun.

The sheets tucked up under her chin. Her face soft and relaxed, her breathing slow and peaceful as she finally opened her eyes. She turned to her side and noticed a note left ever so carefully on her spare pillow. She blushed at the thought that she was completely naked underneath the covers when he entered her room.

Grasping at the cream coloured paper, she peeled open the leaf of the sheet and read the note.

I have photoshoot all morning but I hope to see you this afternoon? I hear Bae Suzy loves to shop.
Jjwogi x

"Jjwogi?" A small chuckle escaping her mouth. "Jjwogi. Kyeopta."

Grinning at his words, Suzy threw her duvet aside and swung her legs off the side of the bed before walking towards the bathroom with a skip in her step.

_____________

She bathed and dresses leisurely, contently amused at the silence that surrounded her. Every so often, Suzy found herself breaking into song; humming, singing to anything that popped into her head as she paced the suite in nothing but her satin and lace cami and short.

Suzy had never felt so happy knowing someone's nickname as she plopped down in the seat. "Aigoo Suzy-ah, michyeosseo?" she said to herself, shaking her head as she shiffted her focus on the feast before her.

A selection of fresh fruit, croissants and cereals newly laid out for her at the small dining table, small enough for an intimate meal for two she thought as she sat looking out of the balcony which overlooked the warm view of Parisian life.

As Suzy reached over for a pain au chocolat, she suddenly noticed an envelope sat propped against a large jog of freshly squeezed orange juice.

Pulling the piece of card from its home, Suzy's pretty orbs immediately set upon the crispness of the tickets she now held in her hands. Ballet.

Before she knew much else, her palms began to sweat, her heart was thumping, she was smiling, really smiling and her knees were quickly pulled to her chest as she hugged herself. What was happening, this feeling.

To distract herself, she pulled her phone and video called her best friend and Dezy.

"Dezyyyyy bogoshipeo!" she said cutely with puppy eyes. "Aww you missed me, too?"

____________

It was autumn in Paris but even now, there was a crisp chill in the air as Suzy stepped outside of the hotel. Winter was close. She inhaled deeply as she slipped her hands into her coat pocket, turning to look both ways down the street until she noticed a driver trying to catch her attention.

"Mademoiselle Bae? I am Antoine, your driver for today as requested by Monsieur Nam." The older man nodded respectfully as he opened the town car door for her.

"Merci." She smiled politely, taking the offer and slipping into the black vehicle.

"Where would you like go, Mademoiselle?"