Chapter 8: So much more

"We should get back to the hotel. We have a long evening ahead of us." Joohyuk explained calmly as they walked towards their car.

When Suzy didn't reply, he stopped on the sidewalk and turned to face her.

"You did find the tickets this morning, right?" He frowned, waiting for her puzzled expression to soften at least a little with understanding.

She nodded with the smallest smile of appreciation, the light in her eyes at the memory of this morning warming her.

"But I have nothing to wear-" She stuttered but only to be interrupted by Joohyuk's giddy yet tranquil smile.

"I'm sure that won't be a problem." He was suddenly offering Suzy the car door so she could slide into the black town car.

Suzy didn't argue but laughed silently in bewilderment to his statement.

___________

"How did you find me?" she asked a few minutes later as they sat in a prolonged silence on their way back to the hotel.

"I had Antoine update me with your shopping movements." He shrugged as if it was a normal thing to do.

"Bit possessive-ish don't you think?" Suzy teased, feeling more like herself.

Joohyuk laughed at this and shook his head a little.

"Aniya. But who would have saved you from that big bad perv if I hadn't have swooped in?!" He winked in a playful tone.

Suzy turned slightly to him. "I can handle myself. I'm Bae Suzy. Unwelcome affections aren't all that rare." She shot, defending her dignity but even she knew it was a lie. She was scared back there even her second degree black belt almost failed to keep her fear at bay.

"But you played the 'Damsel in Distress' role oh-so convincingly!" He laughed in a clipped tone.

God he loved the look on her face when he pushed her buttons.

"Like you didn't enjoy playing Prince Charming with the 'I'm Nam Joohyuk' move!"

"Do you practice that in front of the mirror?!" Suzy laughed, throwing her head back against the leather seat, still glancing over at him to see his reaction. It was perfect.

Joohyuk let her have it, laughing lightly with her as they buzzed passed Parisian monuments, enjoying the feeling of laughing, enjoying each other.

He heaved a breath. "Mianhae," he suddenly blurted out.

"Mwo?"

"I should've considered your feelings  for keeping tabs on you."

He fidgeted nervously, unconciously brushing off his now disheveled hair.

"I just wanted to make sure you're fine, Suzy-ah."

Suzy giggled and gently touched his chin, making him to look at her. When their gazes connect, she saw him swallow hard enough that his Adam’s apple bobbed.

"Don't be so serious. Nado mianhae, I overreacted. You only wanted to help me out, I'm really thankful. Jinjja. But-" As she let go of his chin, she ever so softly combed her fingers through his messy hair. "you really don't have to worry about me, Jjwogi. Okay?"

He sat down next to her, close enough that his knee brushed hers. Nodding, Joohyuk worried she would felt just how much nervousness creeped into his bones.

As he looked at her, a dangerous idea entered his mind without permission; it was unbearably loud, wanted nothing more than to be heard. He had to bite his lower lip to keep it from flying out of his mouth.