Chapter 1: First dare

November, 2019

"Would you excuse me? I need to use the ladies room." Suzy excused herself politely as she stood abruptly and left her date sitting like a lemon.

Rolling her eyes she sighed as she made her escape, noting on her way that a rather familiar good looking gentleman on the table behind hers seemed to be making the exact same escape as her.

Not thinking anything more of it, she merely smirked at the hilarity of her date and how she planned on harming her best friend the next time they would meet up.

Making his excuses politely, Joohyuk made his way to the bar, pulling his phone from his pocket for appearances and thankfully leaving the evenings unsatisfying entertainment behind.

As he gestured to the barman to get him a drink, he made a mental note to cause Jisoo some pain for the agony his best friend had inflicted on him through this tedious blind date.

Swallowing his scotch straight, his eyes couldn't help but land on the beauty who was making her way towards him at the bar. He had noticed her the whole evening. Who wouldn't? The exquisite nation's first love. Flawless in every way, from her attire, to her pretty face, to her perfect aura, to the way she carried herself.

His sights didn't waver when she pulled up a bar stool next to him before ordering a gin martini and finishing the glass without even flinching.

"Thirsty?" Joohyuk spoke first.

Suzy looked curiously to see who this mysterious voice was coming from. She smiled surprisingly at the man she had noticed only moment earlier.

"Aniya. I just came to the conclusion that the date I'm on may be at least a little more amusing if I'm drunk." She shrugged at her admission before ordering another drink.

"Well in that case, the next one is on me." Joohyuk offered and she nodded graciously accepting the free drink.

"What's your excuse?" she asked, tilting her head, making estimations of his soon-to-be male lead's purpose.

"Blind date with a woman who has the mental age and intelligence of a ten year old," he muttered sipping on his own drink.

"Omo, nado. Well except my blind date is quite clever but boring as hell. But I lost interest when he started talking about celebrity gossips. Can you believe it?" She laughed so hard, her laugh is addicting to him.

Joohyuk laughed lightly at her before offering her his hand. "It's nice seeing you here, Suzy-ssi."

She pleasingly took his hand in her small one. "Nado," she replied with ease adage straightened herself a little. "Oh the news is out yesterday, heard you're considering PHR-nim's new drama."

"Ah ne, the plot looks promising. I heard you're in talks for it, too."

She nodded. "Reviewing it in the coming days."

Now, the air is thick with awkward silence, both are busy with their drinks and lost in their thoughts.

"I'm so bored," Suzy broke the silence.

"I am already aware; I think we have that in common." He smirked at her

"Andaeyo. I'm not just bored of my date, well I am but no, I'm bored of life! Have you ever just wanted to live in the moment? Do something wild and not care about the consequences?" She turned to him not knowing what to expect but when she was received with a warm smile, she waited for his response.

She looked to him, watched him for a moment, allowing her perfectly manicured fingers to grip to shiny wood of the bar.

"I did that all through my teens, but lately, not so much," he admitted.