Chapter 3: Like a boss

"Aniya. Don't move. I can take care of myself from here."

"I insist. I will walk you to the elevator at least-"

"Just to the elevator," Suzy pronounced sternly and he produced the gold medallion ring from the deep pocket of his jacket and held it in front of her, she nodded.

'Kol." Without a single hesitation she took the ring and gripped it tight in her hand.

The next thing she knew, she was offered his large hand as she followed him out of the car.

For some reason she felt compelled to have her hand stay intertwined with his. She didn't even retract when she felt the brush of his thumb against the back of her hand, but instead gripped him tighter as they walked through the lobby, not giving a care to the look on the doorman's face or the question of the elevator boys suspecting smile.

They eventually stopped, Suzy with her back to the open elevator door, giving her a little privacy from the prying eyes.

"Never come here. If you need me, find me elsewhere. Promise me you won't go upstairs? Okay?"

Joohyuk's frown deepened as she spoke and even more so when the feeling of her soft hand slipping the ring onto his relaxed pinky.

"What's so secret I can't come up and see your apartment?"

"We're not friends."

"Yet. We're going there aren't we? 94 line chingus."

"Jebal. Promise me?" Her eyes were begging and he couldn't say no. The look on her face told him to respect her limply, he muttered his reply.

"Ne."

One minute her hand was on his face and her lips on his cheek, the next she was stepping back until she was being enclosed by the elevator doors.

___________

"Suzy-ssi? This got delivered for you." A smiling receptionist presented a box as she opened her door.

"Gamsahabnida," she said smiling, receiving the gift.

Suzy had no idea what was inside. It was just a black box, complimented with a golden bow ribbon.

"Too early for Christmas." The familiar voice chirped.

Suzy immediately knowing that voice anywhere looked up to glare at the woman before her.

Gayeon stood with a wide smile on her face, lollipop between her thumb and index finger and she shrugged happily.

Suzy rolled her eyes, holding the gift like her life depended on it as she went inside her house.

"How was your date last night?" Gayeon asked sweetly following her, like butter wouldn't melt.

"Aish. You mean the blonde haired, politically infused hunk with the personality of a plank of wood?"

With a loom of bafflement, Gayeon opened her mouth to speak but only to be interrupted by Suzy's hand.

"Tedious. Next time, keep your frustrated blind dates to yourself. Now if you will excuse me, I have work." She summed, gesturing her best friend to play with her adorable dog Dezy.

With a pout Gayeon did as she was told and slumped next to Dezy like a freshly scolded child.

"Be nice to Gayeon eonnie, Dezy-ah." She called, making her way to her office.

Drawing her attention back to the box, she put it on her desk. Suzy pulled back the ribbon, opening the lid until her eyes dropped upon matching gold tissue paper.