Chapter 12: Finale

Not long after they board and were soon comfortably sat. Suzy sat to one side of the plane while Joohyuk took the other for take off. He caught her looking over at him more than a few times and she merely smiled sheepishly.

Only few words were shared between them since this morning. Joohyuk stood to get himself a drink at one point, offering Suzy one but she denied him politely.

Staring absently at the TV screen, he felt heavy.

Suzy couldn't fight the urge. She was getting restless. In two minds as to what to do, she threw open her French magazine and flipped the pages.

It was just them. Only the two of them and this would be their last chance to be alone. No suspecting eyes of the media, just them.

So quietly, Suzy threw her magazine aside, she stood with reason. Kicking her heels off her feet, she gathered the blanket that was once on her lap and crossed the plane to him.

Smiling inwardly, he didn't say a word or make a move as she came to sit next to him.

Sweetly, she swung her tired legs over his thighs, snuggling into his chest before dropping her head onto his shoulder when he then helped her pull the blanket over them both.

Finally, he was pushing his arms under her waist and across her legs, brushing his hand affectionately over her feet, always so chilly. He warmed them up and as he did so, she smiled into his chest, leaving a quick kiss on his chin before she closed her eyes.

As his breathing evened out, Joohyuk dropped a kiss onto her forehead, snuggling her closer. Bliss. It felt like home and he wasn't sure he would be able to give this up.

If they only had the game, he never wanted it to end. Would he dare risk more? He knew the implication but did she?

"Suzy-ah. Leap with me," he blurted out.

"Wae? Do you like me?" She taunted, pushing the thoughts out as she pinned to by his warm presence. His heart was pounding, she heard it.

Suzy wanted his admission; she wanted the truth so she knew she wouldn't be alone in this.

He took a deep breath as he felt red creep over his face - now or never, he thought.

"Aniya.." he started to stutter, unable to make sense of what he just said, nor to find the words to say.

Joohyuk's answer made her body tense up. She nodded, unsure of what to do. "Ne," Suzy said softly as she slowly moved away from him.

"Ani." He swiftly enveloped his arms to her, making her still. "I mean I don't like you -"

She closed her eyes, she felt so embarrassed already. "Arasso.. Arasso. You don't have to feel sorry for me. It's just a question, out of curiosity.."

"Mwo? But I thought I am getting a love proposal?" He looked at her, confused.

Her face had gone red, and, if he wasn't so nervous, he'd consider teasing her for looking like a tomato. Even flustered, he thought she was beautiful.

"Proposal? Why would I confess to you? What makes you think of that?" Her voice muffled in shyness as she tried her best to match his gaze.

He didn't answer but smirked at her.

"Ya! Are you teasing me?!" Suzy puffed her cheeks, and Joohyuk let out a cheerful laugh.

His fingers traced the piece of metal she was wearing and placed their hands above their shared blanket. Pretending to not feel anything, Suzy sat in silence all hot and bothered.