Chapter 9: Wonderment

Bae Suzy never thought she'd live the day when she attended the ballet with Nam Joohyuk. A few years ago, she was vaguely aware of his existence after drama projects had been offered to both of them and just months ago another drama offer came to rise, producers, writers and the public obviously wanted them to act together, she honestly never thought about it until recently.

Now she sat so close to him in their private balcony that the heat he radiated sent chills through her body. They were not shooting for a drama yet but the moment was too romantic, too cinematic to safely put it.

His arm was draped innocently over the back of her chair and she couldn't deny her body from sinking into the supporting back with the knowledge that his arm was so close to wrapping her safely next to him.

Wonderment was the word. The thing that truly drew her to art was the unfolding of a story, the heartache and love that could be expressed with movement and the music ringing through the building as endless amounts of dancers pranced around the stage, telling their story and expressing reasons vague and vivid all at the same time.

His chest tightened as he watched her. The scene was coming to the climax, Giselle builds the crowd up to the inevitable yet curious conclusion and all Joohyuk could do was sit and watch Suzy as she sat upright and wanting in her seat; needing to know more.

She was clenching onto the railings before her as the music rang through their ears, higher and higher, until Dum, the clock strikes four and the feeling overwhelms the embraced audience.

About to place his hand against the plane of her back in some sort comfort, he quickly retracted it when he saw Suzy quickly wiping a tear from her eyes and shaking the feeling she had just been enraptured by. The beauty he saw in her in that second truly was undeniable.

The curtain came down and Suzy released a breath low and calming. Softly she sank back into her chair and turned to see Joohyuk observing her intently.

She couldn't say much, but only a smile graced her features. It was grateful and needing at the same time.

There was not a lot Joohyuk could say either, other than his actions at offering her his arm as he stood and the room emptied of spectators.

__________

Silent smiles and nods were exchanged but nothing more than that was needed. They walked through the dimly lit Parisian streets through Suzy's request. Joohyuk didn't argue and learnt quickly that he would go anywhere with her; do anything, say anything.

They had no specific direction but just walked; being with each other, not having to speak; the best kind of silence. Comfortable.

"Do you normally take women to the ballet?" Suzy asked kindly with a hint of teasing in her voice as she looked up a little to Joohyuk who was walking beside her.

He read her like his favourite book. So, he played with her.

"Only the ones worth my time. It would be improper to come to Paris and not see the ballet don't you think?" He shrugged with a quiet smirk.

Suzy took a moment to consider his skit, a moment to form a reply worth sharing; an art she had recently come accustomed to in his presence.

"What number am I then? I'm sure the list is definitive?" She noted and continued to push his buttons. "Malhaebwa."

"Mullonyo. So definitive that I can only seem to find one name that comes to mind."

His words froze her tracks as she realized what he was saying to her. Then all of a sudden, all the teasing and questioning seemed flawed, unreasonable, unnecessary.