Chapter 13: Epilogue

January, 2020

"I don't think I've ever felt so alive!" Suzy flailed her arms as she caught her breath.

Her back was pinned against the smooth wall of the exclusive gym.

They had been running in treadmill for an hour, the adrenaline was flowing and he was next to her, their chests heaving.

Joohyuk turned his head to see her smirking face. That's when he felt the ring pressing against the palm of his hand. Her head titled to him as she raised her eyes wide in challenge.

"Kiss me."

With her demand, he shrugged closer, his back still to the wall as he leaned and whispered, "Kol", placing a single kiss against her pursed lips.

The kiss broke as she looked back to him in an unsatisfied longing.

"Ya! I said kiss me." She breathed hard.

He considered her for a moment but then everything froze.

All she heard was the ping of metal hitting the floor and his mouth was covering hers.

She let him pin her hands above her head as he feverishly devoured her mouth.

"Hold me," she requested in a deep gasp.

His hips pinned her in place against the wall and she couldn't resist pushing off the wall to meet his hips more fully as she fought for dominance.

Pulling away for air, his eyes never left hers as he smiled warmly, peppering her temple and head with chaste kisses.

Her hands had dropped at this point and now she was grasping at his hard biceps. Running her hands freely across his chest and up to cup his blushed cheeks. She'd never seen such a beautiful man.

As his lips dipped closer to her ear, he spoke with purpose as he whispered her name.

"Suzy-ah..."

"Joohyuk-ah..." She teased back as she went to kiss his neck.

"Tell me you love," he demanded. Taking one cheek in his palm, making her look at him.

Cheekily she tilted her head to the side and smiled. They were no longer playing the game, instead they often used it for their skits.

"Kol," she whispered back only for him to abruptly drop her touch.

"Ya. Is this a game for you?"

"Ani, a fact. You put it out there..." She shot back but quickly replaced her response with kissing his neck again.

When her hands thread through his hair and she tried to pull him to her lips, he stopped her. Pushing his hand to the wall next to her head and pulling her hand from his hair.

"Soop boss called me yesterday."

"Wae?" Her eyes opened wide in stunned surprise. "Eottokaji, did he find out about us?"

"Maybe he did?" He dropped his head to avoid her eyes.

When she responded her voice trailed slowly, like her words were unwilling to take flight. There was anxiety in her eyes, her lower lip trembled. "Things won't change, okay? Soop boss is cool. I can explain to him that we fell in love even before agreeing to lead in Sandbox."

There was no response from him. He was busy in trying to suppress his laughter by biting his lower lip.

"Ya!" Suzy said, shoving him in the chest as she did so to make him listen. "We can still date peacefully without people lurking."