THIRTEEN

ELENA GILBERThi

ELENA GILBERT
hi

VIOLET PEARSON
hey
is everything ok?

ELENA GILBERT
not really
it's jenna

VIOLET PEARSON
what happened to her?

ELENA GILBERT
isobel turned up at our house and jenna saw her and now she's upset

VIOLET PEARSON
Well I'm very sorry to hear that but i'm not sure I can be of any use to either of you

ELENA GILBERT
i was kind of hoping that you could come and talk to her

VIOLET PEARSON
love i'm glad you thought of me but i don't know jenna very well

ELENA GILBERT
I know, but you're really good at comforting people so I thought you might be able to help

VIOLET PEARSON
okay
i'll be at your house in five

ELENA GILBERT
thank you so much i owe you one

*

True to her word, she got to Elena's house in five minutes.

Grabbing her handbag, she steps out of her car and walks up to the front door.

Elena answers, giving her a stressed smile. "Thanks for coming. She's in her room upstairs. Closest to the staircase."

Violet nods, placing her bag down and walking up the staircase.

"Jenna?" She calls gently, knocking on her door. "Jenna it's me Violet. I know we don't know each other well, but can you please just open the door. I just want to talk."

She doesn't get any response for a while, until suddenly she hears the click of the door. "Hey." Violet smiles softly, looking at Jenna's tear stained face. She takes Jenna's hand and leads her to the bed, the two of them taking a seat.

"What happened?" She asks

"I'm sure Elena told you." Jenna sniffles, wiping her nose with her hand.

"She did, but I wanted to hear it from you."

Jenna explained her part of the story, fumbling nervously with the bracelet on her wrist.

"You have every right to be angry. I would be too. You don't need to forgive Elena or Alaric. It's okay. You'll be okay. So will Elena." Violet pulls Jenna into a hug, humming softly to an old tune that she used to sing to her youngest sister, "You just need some space. Here. Take my key and i'll text you my address so you can stay there for a while until you're ready to come back."