THIRTY FIVE

"So where exactly are we going?" Violet asks, looking over at Rebekah in the drivers seat

"New York. Damon is following a lead on Katherine. Elena is following Damon." Rebekah explains

"I feel like this is not safe for a 15 year old, but okay." Violet glances back at Elsie, who is currently fast asleep.

"You took her on a trip around the country to sire a bunch of hybrids. We're going to find your sister. I think she'll be okay."

"Fine. But I'm not bringing her in. Elsie and I are gonna go sightseeing. She doesn't need to see whatever the hell is going on with Elena."

"Why are you so insistent on keeping her around?" Rebekah questions softly, "I'm not trying to be mean, it's a genuine question. She's almost constantly in danger."

"I don't really know." Violet shrugs, looking back at Elsie, "I guess it's because when I found her, she was in such a bad shape. It's the same thing that I went through as I child. I want to protect her from that."

*

"Alright we're here, meet us back in a couple of hours." Rebekah instructs, stopping the car out the front of a bar.

"Holy shit. I remember this bar!"

"What do you mean? From what?" Rebekah asks

"In the 70s. Stefan sent Lexi and I here to try and get Damon to turn his humanity on." Violet explains. "It's didn't work. He broke Lexi's heart and left her to burn on a rooftop."

"Did he do anything to you?"

"He snapped my neck and then ran. After I got Lexi back, we ditched him and went back to Stefan. I only saw Damon twice again after that until very recently." Violet tells her.

"He is such a bastard." Rebekah shakes her head, getting out of the car.

"Tell me about it." Violet nods, switching over to the drivers seat. "Alright I'll text you in an hour, tell me what's going on."

"Will do."

*

REBEKAH
come back now

VIOLET
okay, on my way

"Sorry El, it seems our shopping time is up."

"Oh thank god!" Elsie groans, clutching a basket full of blankets and pillows. "I don't think these are necessary. I doubt Katherine's so far away that we need these."

"True." Violet nods, "But would you rather sleep overnight in a car with no blanket or pillow, which by the way, has another three people in it, or would you want to be comfortable."

"Okay, okay, I'll take the blankets."

Violet smiles, "That's my girl. And maybe taking you to Walmart at midnight to buy these is a little much."

"A little?"

Thirty minutes later, Violet and Elsie reach the bar, where Rebekah and Elena are waiting rather impatiently.

"We're going to steal Damon's car." Elena announces

"Hello to you too." Violet mumbles, transferring everything over to the other car.

*

"So where are we actually going ?" Elsie asks. They have been travelling all night, and morning is just starting to break.

Rebekah reads out an address from a file.

"How do you know that?" Violet questions

"I don't know. Damon had this file on him. He had one with your name on it too." Rebekah hands the folder back.

Surprisingly, Rebekah is right. This file has nearly every one of her previous addresses. "That's not creepy." Violet mutters, shutting the folder.

"Why are you back?" Elena turns around, staring blankly at Violet.

"Well, my dear Elena, Stefan needed my help with several things." Violet replies.

"Is one of those turning my humanity on? Because you're wasting your time. I'm not going to." Elena huffs and turns back around.

"Uh, okay then."

"She's more of a bitch then Katherine is." Elsie says quietly.

"Exactly."

"I don't know about you guys, but I don't mind this humanity-less Elena. She's more fun." Rebekah adds in.

"I suppose so."

"She's right here." Elena rolls her eyes and crosses her arms, much like a child would.

Their mild teasing is interrupted by Elena's phone ringing. "Morning, Damon." She answers.

"Where are you?" He asks

Elena looks down at a piece of paper, "The better question would be, where are we going?"

Rebekah calling over from beside Elena, "Sorry, Damon. I think I broke your radio."

"You're in my car?!" Damon cries incredulously

Elena laughs, "We weren't gonna take the bus."

"That would take far too long." Violet tells him.

"Violet's there too?!"

"And Elsie!"

"Oh, fuck." He groans, "This is ridiculous."

"I wish this could have gone differently, I really do, but we'll give Katherine your best." With a smirk, Elena hangs up and throws her phone on the floor. "Well, that was fun."

{a/n: wow what is this? me posting twice in two days? unbelievable!}