THIRTY FOUR

(starts at 4x16 btw <3)

"I miss Jenna." Elsie announces, staring out the window of their cab.

Violet nods, "We'll go visit her soon."

"I don't think it's fair that Jeremy got to come back from Colorado but Jenna didn't."

They quickly fall silent at the mention of Jeremy. Violet didn't know him very well, but she knows he didn't deserve to die.

She can't push away the guilt that arises every time she hears about him. It's her sister that did it, and Violet feels responsible for coming back and cleaning back up Katherine's mess.

Much like Elijah and Klaus. Violet thought bitterly to herself.

*

Violet walks up to Klaus's mansion, meeting Damon at the door.

"Wow, took you long enough." He complains

"I'm sorry. I was in the middle of Australia when you called me saying that I needed to come back. And I don't know if you've ever been to the middle of Australia, but there's nothing there! Sue me if I didn't get back quick enough to clean up my sisters mess." Violet snaps

Damon looks at her and rolls his eyes. "Okay, wow. Whatever."

"I'm sorry." Violet shakes her head and sighs, "I haven't slept in two days and this is not exactly an ideal situation to be in. Ever. And you know, with Kol and all I've been stressed."

The front door swings open, revealing Klaus. Both Damon and Violet push past him without hesitation.

"Ah, what an unpleasant surprise." Klaus says

"Wow Klaus, thought you'd be happy to see me." Violet rolls her eyes

"Only slightly."

"I'll take the win."

"So I just came up with a list." Damon announces, a piece of paper in his hand. "It's called "Things You Suck At. Number one: Finding Katherine. Ever. Number two: covering up your secret phone conversations with that little backstabber Hayley." He waves the phone transcripts a bit and puts them down on the end table. "Yeah, so, where is she? What does she know about Katherine?"

"I should help you?" Klaus questions

Damon nods. "Mhm."

"After you lot killed my brother and imprisoned me in the Gilbert living room?"

"He has a point." Violet nods, shrugging.

"Not helping Mini-Katherine."

"I'm actually older, so she's Mini-Violet." She points out.

"Whatever. My point is you might want to prioritize, Klaus. You have much bigger problems."

Klaus just looks at him blankly.

"Katherine has the cure." Damon explains.

"Wait.. what?" Violet jumps up from her spot on a couch, "She does? Why did no one tell me this?"

"We did, when we told you about Katherine murdering Jeremy." Damon says.

"Oh." Violet nods. "I must've been distracted by the whole Jeremy's dead thing."

"Most likely. My guess is she's gonna want to cram it down your throat. You help me find Katherine, I'll get the cure, I'll give it to Elena, everybody wins. Just let me question Hayley about Katherine." Damon replies

Klaus smiles and walks towards Damon. "Can't help you, mate. Hayley's off limits." He walks past Damon and sits down on the sofa. "Have you tried asking the one person she actually trusts?"

Damon stares at her expectantly, but Violet just shakes her head.

"I haven't spoken to her since we went separate ways. That was three weeks ago." Violet explains. "Trust me. If I knew where she is, I wouldn't waste my time chasing her with a bunch of idiots."

"Charming Violeta." Klaus smirks, "Actually, I did have a run in with a vampire who may know where Katerina is."

Damon turns around and looks at him.

"Too bad for you, I bit halfway through his bloody neck. He probably won't have much time for chit-chat."

"Seriously Klaus? You couldn't lay off the homicide for one day?"

*

Violet sits on the couch, half-watching a tv show. Caroline had gone to supervise Elena at a party, and Elsie is upstairs in her room somewhere.

She stands up, moving over to the kitchen and pulling out some ingredients and begins to make cookies. Before she turned into a vampire, her food options were very limited but she still loved to cook anything she could. After she turned, she had access to a lot more but never found the time. Ironic.

A little while after she put the cookies in the oven, someone knocks on the door. Violet flicks her hand towards the door, barely paying attention to it swinging open.

Caroline smiles softly as she walks in. "I forget that you're a witch sometimes."

Violet shrugs, walking over to her girlfriend and giving her a kiss. "How was the party?"

"Not good." Caroline shakes her head. "Elena's a nightmare. She hurt my mom and tried to kill me."

"That's awful. Is your mom okay now?" Violet asks, moving over to the couch and sitting down. Caroline sits next to her, cuddling into Violet's side and resting her head on her shoulder.

"Yeah, she's alright."

Violet nods and the two fall into a comfortable silence until Caroline speaks up again.

"Have you spoken to Katherine?"

"No, we haven't spoken for a couple weeks now." Violet explains. "I'm angry at her. I don't want to be, but I am."

"What do you mean?" Caroline questions

"Well, she killed Jeremy. But Jeremy killed Kol. And I know you may not understand but I've known Kol for my whole life." Violet replies. "And I want to say Jeremy deserves it, but then I think about Elena. I know the feeling of having a sibling die, and it's awful. For me, it was worse then my parents dying. The whole situation is just so- messed up."

Caroline nods understandingly, taking Violet's hand into her own. "I know, I know. It's awful."

"It's times like this where I wish I was Violeta Petrova again. Not Violet Pearson."

"Well, I for one like Violet Pearson very much." Caroline giggles, leaning over to kiss Violet.

Violet smiles, kissing back but they are interrupted by the ding of the alarm in the kitchen going off.

"Cookies?"

{a/n: hey guys in case you missed my last note and got a bunch of notifications that was a mistake i somehow managed to unpublish the entire story)