TWENTY THREE

{okay so i'm pretty sure that originally the events of s3e4&5 are on the same day, but for this they are set a day apart if that makes sense aha.
i couldn't fit violet into s3e5 without just making her aimlessly tag along lol}

The light streaming from the window is what wakes Violet up in the morning. Caroline is pressed against Violet's side, tear streaks on her face as she sleeps peacefully.

After the stressful events of last night, Violet had taken Caroline back to her house, where the blonde had spent twenty minutes crying from stress before falling asleep, clinging to Violet like a lifeline.

Caroline's eyes flutter open as she looks around sleepily. When her gaze settles on Violet, she smiles. "Good morning." She whispers

"Good morning." Violet repeats back, "How was your sleep?" She asks

"It was great. You make an excellent pillow."

"Thank you." Violet giggles quietly, unwrapping her arms from around Caroline's waist, causing the blonde vampire to whine.

"No. I want to cuddle."

Violet laughs, "Don't you have somewhere to be?"

"No," Caroline nods her head, "Not until tonight."

"Okay well I'm sorry sweetheart, but I need to go and find Elsie. I left her with Katerina last night, which probably wasn't the smartest idea." Violet replies

"I never though I'd be saying this, but Elsie will be fine with Katherine for another hour."

"Okay fine." Violet lies back down and wraps her arms around Caroline again, "I missed this." She says after a while.

"Me too," Caroline replies, turning around to face Violet, sitting up a bit and placing a kiss on Violet's nose, making her laugh.

Violet leans down to repeat the action, but Caroline tilts her head at the same time, causing Violet's kiss to land on Caroline's lips. Violet quickly pulls back, her cheeks flushing red with embarrassment, "Oh my god- I'm so sorry."

Caroline just moves forward and places another kiss on her lips, "I'm not." She smiles.

*

KATERINA💜
hey something is wrong with ur tiny child companion
i told her about how our family was murdered and she started crying?!
like bitch that's my family not yours why are you crying
so i gave her some bourbon to calm her down
but now i think she might be drunk

VIOLET🤍
okay first of all) some of us possess this trait called empathy. shocking i know
and second) SHE'S FOURTEEN WHY ARE YOU GIVING HER BOURBON

KATERINA💜
we were drinking by fourteen

VIOLET🤍
only because we were told alcohol was good for us
that and our water was always dirty