EIGHTEEN

By the morning, the desiccation on Violet's arm had spread to both of her arms and down her chest

By the morning, the desiccation on Violet's arm had spread to both of her arms and down her chest. Caroline had woken up in a panic and taken her to Stefan, who suggested she bring her to Katherine, who probably knew what was going on.

Caroline had no idea what to do with Elsie, so she had brought her to Alaric's apartment as well.

Elsie knocks on the door whilst Caroline holds the unconscious vampire in her arms. Violet had woken up a couple of times, but she never stayed awake for more then five minutes.

"Katherine? Katherine it's Caroline. Somethings wrong with Violet." Caroline calls out, a sob building in her throat.

The door swings open to reveal Katherine, who looks down at her sister in horror. "I thought she had more time."

"What's going on? Is she going to be okay?" Caroline asks worriedly

"Violetta is a witch and vamp hybrid." Katherine begins

Caroline nods. She knew this already, but she has no idea how it ties into Violet's problem.

"She put her siphoning powers into her ring. But she's still a witch, and the lack of her powers has started to take its toll on her." Katherine continues, pointing down to the ring on a chain around her neck, "She needs to put them back, which sounds simple enough. Only problem is- she's stubborn. She doesn't want to loose control and siphon everyone she touches."

"Well how do we get her to put them back?" Elsie asks

"That I don't know."

"Rina?" Violet mumbles weakly, "Don't leave me."

"Hey, Vi, you need to put your powers back. You're going to die if you don't. You don't have long left." Katherine tells her

"I know. I can't do it." Violet says, tears building in her eyes, "But I don't want to die."

Katherine gently lifts Violet's hand, wincing when she cries out in pain, and places it on her ring, "Do it now."

Violet nods weakly, chanting softly as she saves herself. After about a minute, she stops, her exhaustion overtaking her as her eyes roll back into her head and she passes out.

Katherine and Caroline exchange worried looks, tears falling from Caroline's eyes as she looks down.

"Look!" Elsie points to Violet's arm, where the desiccation is slowly going away.

Caroline continues to cry, this time in relief.

Violet opens her eyes a few minutes later, weakly looking up at the other three girls. Caroline leans forward to hug her, but Violet pushes her away, "Stop. I don't want to hurt you."

"You're not going to hurt me." Caroline says softly, reaching her hand out and placing it on Violet's knee.

Violet tries to put her hand on top of Caroline's, but she accidentally siphons from her, "I'm sorry." She says, hiding her head in her hands.