TWENTY EIGHT

By the next morning, Violet is well and truly sick of being stuck

By the next morning, Violet is well and truly sick of being stuck. Caroline had left the night before with the promise of a return, but she was on her own for the rest of the night.

She's starving, and she's tired. Sleeping on an old half broken bed is every bit as uncomfortable as it
sounds. To be honest, she's not even sure if it's morning or not. She can't tell.

But apart from her crappy sleeping conditions, she's in mostly good spirits.

Her and Caroline are officially together.

Thankfully, the door opens and her sister walks in, looking somewhat amused, "You're free to leave."

"You think this is funny don't you?"

"Mildly, yes."

"You're a bitch." Violet snaps, glaring at Katherine for a minute before breaking out into a smile, "It's good to see you." Violet stands up, running over to her sister and pulling her into a hug, "I missed you."

Katherine laughs, "I missed you too."

"What are you doing here?" Violet asks

"Helping to kill Klaus."

"Katerina you're free now, why would you do that?"

"He stole so much from us."

Violet just nods, and holds onto her a little longer. If Katherine wants to risk her freedom and her life, Violet knows there isn't anything she can do to stop her.

Katherine eventually pulls away, giving Violet a smile and beginning to walk off but Violet runs after her. "Katerina! Wait! You need to visit Elsie before you leave or she will kill me."

Katherine laughs and turns around, walking back to Violet, "Alright then, but after that i'm definitely leaving."

"Awesome! Okay, I'm going to go to Caroline's house but Elsie should be-"

"- Caroline's house?" Katherine cuts her off, a knowing smile on her face.

"It's not what it seems."

"Are you sure about that?"

"No I'm not. It's exactly what it seems. Caroline is my girlfriend now and we got together last night and not to be dramatic but I think there is a possibility that I may be falling in love with her."

"I'm so happy for you Violet, you deserve happiness. Does she make you happy?"

"She makes me so happy." Violet replies, a lovesick smile on her face as her tummy flutters at the thought of Caroline.

*

"Caroline?" Violet calls out, knocking on the door of the Forbes's household. She had stopped by at the
Gilbert house to check on Elsie earlier, and after making sure Elsie is okay she went to visit her favourite blonde.