THREE

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ .·:·.*═══╗
THREE
chamber of reflection
spend some time away
getting ready for the day
you're born again
spend some time alone
understand that soon
you'll run with better men
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ .·:·.*═══╝

s2e2

KATHERINE DOESN'T SHOW HER FACE FOR OVER A DAY AFTER THAT. Violet, still an outsider to Mystic Falls and its inhabitants, decides to go visit Caroline in the hospital. She'd heard of Caroline's so called 'miraculous' recovery, thanks to the vampire blood.

Violet enters the hospital, passing Caroline's boyfriend, who'd previously introduced himself as Matt. "How is she?" She asks, giving him a short smile.

Matt shrugs, "She's okay. She just seems a little panicky- she looked ready to attack me when I went to open her curtains. No idea why. The concussion must've made her sensitive to light or something."

Violet's heart sinks. Katherine could've easily snuck into Caroline's room and turned her before anyone could notice. "Oh, poor thing." She says, masking her own emotions. "What room is she in?"

Matt points in the direction. "She's in that one over there, behind the desk in the corner."

"Ah, okay. Thanks. I'll catch you around, Matt." Violet bids him goodbye and waits until he's out of sight before she runs to Caroline's room. She knocks on the door, opening it slowly as to not frighten Caroline. "Caroline, sweetie? It's Violet."

Caroline doesn't respond. She's sitting on top of the bed, knees pulled up to her chest. She's shaking, and as she slowly lifts her head up, she makes eye contact with Violet and a moment of understanding passes between them as they both realise what the other is.

Violet sits beside her on the bed, placing a gentle hand on her leg. "Have you fed yet?" She whispers.

Caroline shakes her head, motioning to the empty blood bag beside her. "Only a tiny bit." She says. 

"Okay." Violet nods. "How about I go find some more for you, yeah? Just give me a second, I'll be back." She stands up off the bed and leaves the room, taking care to shut the door behind her. It doesn't take her long to track down the supply, so she grabs a couple and returns back to Caroline. 

She sits back down on the bed, handing one to her. "Here," She says. "Drink up."

Caroline takes it hesitantly and brings it up to her lips. She takes a sip, her face scrunching up in disgust. She pulls it away, shaking her head. "I can't do this." She says.

"It's okay." Violet smiles encouragingly.  "It's going to taste a little gross at first. Just stick to it, I promise it gets so much better."

Caroline nods, bringing the blood bag back to her mouth. Her disgusted expression slowly softens as she begins to enjoy it.

"There you go, sweetheart." Violet smiles. "I'll be back in a minute, okay?" She moves outside quickly to the nurse on duty at the desk. "Hi." She greets.

The nurse looks up from her work. "Hey, how can I help you?"

"I would like to know when Caroline Forbes is able to leave?" Violet asks.