Chapter 14

The briefing room was silent. All heads turned toward the commander as she was giving the plan. Two assault echelon, and one support team. Secure the base, eliminate all enemy forces, and secure the device. The kind of mission where mistakes were not a luxury. I was watching the map of the location again and again. All the entry points, all the overwatch position, everything that could give us an edge. Each time, I came to the same conclusion: It will be a mess.
Gentiane: That will be all, Dismiss.
I stand up before walking toward the exit to the helipad. I look behind me to see the t-dolls talking and laughing. Seem they are in high spirit. M4 was walking by my side, even if she told me her feelings, she seems to be still a little shy on the matter. As I board the helicopter, I knew that once it begins, they will be no turning back. My MX in my arms, my MK-1 on my back. I took one last look at the outpost that became my home for the past week. Looking toward the other occupants of the helo, I mentally prepare myself for what could be my last and most important battle of my life.

AT THE SAME TIME
5KM AWAY

Up in the sky, what seems to be a blue portal pops out of nowhere. Before a helicopter, a VTOL, and a UAV came out flying in the air. Both the VTOL and helicopter lower themselves to lands, while the UAV keep flying above them. As the helicopter touched the ground, a group of soldiers exit before taking a defensive position. At the same time, the VTOL lower its ramp before an AMV-7 MARSHALL came out. As soon outside, the VTOL takes off again.

 As soon outside, the VTOL takes off again

(I OWN THE PICTURE BUT NOT THE CONTENT)

SINNER-2: WATCHTOWER, sinner-2, we are boots on the ground over.
WATCHTOWER: Copy, you are clear to proceed with the mission. Remember that we don't know what you will face out there, so watch your back, over.
SINNER-2: Copy watchtower, out to you. BADGER-1, REAPER-6, we are good to go.
BADGER-1: BADGER-1 copy, lead the way SINNER.
REAPER-6; REAPER-6 copy all. I will send the drone to scout ahead. I let you guys know if I see something over.
SINNER-2; Copy 6, out. Alright guys on me, let's move before we attract some unwanted attention.
As the team starts to move with the MARSHALL behind, one of them asks:
SINNER-3: Hey Kerry, are we sure we landed close to where the boss end up? I mean, it's a new world so...
Ben Kerry (SINNER-2): According to the data KEYSTONE gather at the CSAT base. We should be in a range of 5 to 10 km radius. REAPER will do the scouting. Our job is to get to him once he is found.
SINNER-4: let's hope he is still alive.
SINNER-5: It's the boss we talking about. Of course, he will be.
SINNER TEAM thought: I hope so.

So here we are. New chapter. Hope you all enjoy, sadly that also means we approaching the end of the story. Until then, I hope you all enjoy it and I see you all next time.

see ya