Chapter 11

A few days as pass since the attack on the base. Since that day, everything has been quiet. Too quiet for my opinion, but I was not about to complain. Not yet. Waking up in a bed was a blessing after the forest. Looking at the mirror, I need a good shave soon. After a quick shower, I make my way toward the canteen. Some of the t-doll were already here. Taking my food, I make my way toward one of the empty tables. As I eat, someone approaches me. I look up to see ST AR-15 and M4A1 in front with food in their hand.
M4: Umm can we seat here?
James: Sure.
They both seat down before starting to eat, even if I could swear M4 keep trying to sneak a glance at me.
James: I'm surprised you both are not with the rest of your team.
AR-15: Recon mission in an old military base nearby. They should be back soon.
I nod at that. Recon mission has quite risen since the attack. The commander probably wants to avoid a repeat, can't blame her. We keep eating in silence when my radio crack to life.
Gentiane: Sinner report to the TOC, I have a mission for you.
James: Well that my cue, see you both later.
I stand up before walking away, aware that M4 keeps looking at me. AR-15 seems to notice as well, asking her.
AR-15: You okay?
M4A1: Ha y-yes I'm okay.
I walk outside toward the command building wondering what was going on. Entering inside, I saw the commander on video comm with M16A1. She looks at me as I enter.
Gentiane: good you here. Listen, I need you to depart quickly to link up with the rest of the AR-TEAM. They just found something inside an old base occupies by SF. I need you there to assist them in the extraction or destruction of whatever it is.
James: What is it?
M16: I show you the picture we took.

(I OWN THE PICTURE BUT NOT THE CONTENT)

As soon as I saw the picture, my blood runs cold

As soon as I saw the picture, my blood runs cold. I stand still, unable to move. How did that thing get here?
Gentiane: Hey you ok? What is it?
James: I know what that thing is.
Gentiane: Huh?
I took a deep breath before saying.
James:............That the device that brought me here. The device my mission was to destroy.
Gentiane: What mission?
James:......OPERATION BLUE SHADOW.

So here we are. The device is also in this world, and sangvis ferri have their hand on it, in the next chapter James will explain what BLUE SHADOW was. Thank you all for the support and feedback and I see you all next time. see ya