We're Being Punked, Pedro pt.2

"Lizzie?" Josie called out as the 2 other girls followed behind her as she walked into the school. There was no response.

"I'll check the library," said Hope as she walked off.

"I'll stay with you Jo, who knows if you'll need more power. Hope can fend for herself. Well, not that you can't it's just that one of us needs to siphon magic, and one of us has more magic running through her veins than she needs" awkwardly explained Artemis. 

"Yeah, I understand, thank you." Spoke Josie. Though her voice remained calm, she had a panicked expression on her face. The two teens walked around before reaching Alaric and Hope where they heard him ask,

"So how'd you take the containment spell down?"

"Hope didn't" Artemis took that opportunity to announce herself to the headmaster.

"I did." continued Josie, taking the axe her father held. "And I have questions." She looked at him with anger.

"Honestly? I do too. None of this makes a lot of sense." stated Artemis with a blank expression. "Does it have anything to do with you know what?" She asked Hope.

"Wait how'd you know about that? Did Hope tell you?" asked the headmaster.

"Technically no, but you just confirmed it. Thanks, Dr. S. Now, we've got a piece of stone to confront." she said, "Let's get this over with"

And with that, the 3 teens and their headmaster walked down the halls. Josie held an axe, the headmaster held one of his weapons, and Hope and Artemis walked empty-handed. Alaric called out for Emma once they reached the great hall. She opened the doors and made a shushing motion at them before closing the doors again. They turned around to see the gargoyle flying towards Hope. In her attempt to move away from the gargoyle, Hope fell to the floor. As she scrambled to get away, the gargoyle pulled out his knife. Instinctually, Alaric jumped in front of Hope yelling no to the gargoyle.

"Dad!" Josie exclaimed. Shockingly, the gargoyle stopped in its tracks, holding the knife only a few centimeters from the headmaster. The 3 girls stared in shock. Josie took the gargoyles hesitation as an opportunity to do a sneak attack, running behind the gargoyle and smashing off one of its wings using the axe. It turned around, in an attempt to hurt her, but instead, Dr. Saltzman smashed off its other wing.

"Fluctus Inpulsa" chanted Hope. The gargoyle dropped its knife. "Josie, Artemis, help me."

"How?" asked the Gemini siphoner as she walked over to Hope. Artemis followed her.

"Just repeat after me," she replied. The three girls stood in line, Josie in the middle, holding each other's hands. Josie quickly started siphoning.

"Fluctus inpulsa. Fluctas inpulsa. Fluctas inpulsa." The girls were able to paralyze it for a second before it took another step toward them. The red from the three girls' hands glowed brighter as they started chanting louder. "Fluctus inpulsa. Fluctas inpulsa. Fluctus inpulsa!" And just like that, the gargoyle shattered into a bunch of little pieces, showering them with small pieces of stone. Hope, Artemis, and Dr. Saltzman all shared a relieved look.

"Nice job," Hope says as she turns to face the other two girls. Josie, however, did not share the same relieved expression.

"How could you jump in front of her like that?" exclaimed Josie while turning around to face her father. "You could've died, dad!" she yelled, her eyes filled to the brim with tears.

"Honey, I knew it wouldn't kill me, because my research said so," replied Alaric in a docile tone. Josie didn't respond and marched past him. Alaric turned to look at Hope and Artemis.

"Good work today Hope. I'm gonna go talk to Josie." Artemis said before walking after her.

//

Everyone gathered in the dining hall to hear another speech from their headmaster. Artemis sat next to the twins, sending a smile towards Hope, who kindly sent one back.

"If you'd asked me a week ago, I would have told you there's a difference between myth and fact. I would have told you that supernaturals were limited to the species under this roof. I would have said that folklore and fairy tales were just stories. But I can no longer say that any of that is true," Dr. Saltzman took a deep breath before letting out the words that would shock all the students. " 'Cause just a few days ago we were confronted by the existence of dragon." Almost every student gasped. The twins gave a questioning look to Artemis, who sighed and nodded.

"And then, today," continued their headmaster, "our campus was terrorized by a gargoyle come to life. Some of us were forced to fight. We won..." he paused for a second, "This time. They were drawn here by a knife that went missing earlier this week. And, for whatever reason, these creatures consider us to be the enemy. In their minds, we're the villains because we won't give them what they want. We don't even know why they want it. But we're gonna find out."

As Dr. Saltzman finished his speech, the hall erupted with questions. What they didn't know, was that they were headed down the road of a very long battle.