This Is the Part Where You Run pt.3

Artemis was putting her gloves on as she ran through the woods. She was running extremely late to practice. Ever since Artemis triggered her curse, Dr. Saltzman thought it would be a good idea for her to join the sparring sessions with Hope.

"Hey Hope, Dr. Saltzman, sorry I'm late. I was talking to Achelois." Artemis could see that Dr. Saltzman had Hope held with her arms behind her back.

"It's okay, you're on Hope's team for today," he replied

"Good to know, but you should be careful," before the older man could even question her statement, Hope knew exactly what she was implying.

"Dimiterre." Hope chanted. Alaric spun in the air, landing on his back, Hope did a backflip and pinned him down, holding a hand on his chest. Artemis simply walked over and stood next to them.

"Cheaters" was all he said, chuckling and struggling to breathe.

"You should really let a vampire start doing my training," said Hope.

"Yeah, Dr. Saltzman, you're getting a little old for us to break your human bones," Artemis spoke, continuing Hope's statement

"How dare you?" he said. He held up his hand, waiting for Hope to put hers in his, and to help him up. She did. The three continued sparring until he asked, "You and Landon, have a thing or something?" Hope tensed up at the mention of Landon. Artemis only decided to keep an open ear, she was quite interested in what Hope was going to say in response.

"I don't have things." Hope sharply stated. Alaric only gives her an exasperated look, Hope never liked to open up.

"Yes, I'm well aware of your quest to avoid all emotional intimacy with everyone but Artemis. There was obviously something." Hope stayed quiet as they continued their training

"Dr. Saltzman, leave her alone. If Hope wanted to talk, she would." Artemis said. The whole point of these training sessions was to release stress, not create more.

"I liked him." Hope huffed. "He was normal." Alaric stopped one of her punches, holding her fist in his hand.

"Well, let's keep it that way. We survive here because we follow the rules. We can't get sloppy about it." He scolded. Hope shot a defensive look towards him.

"You know what? You guys seem to have some stuff you need to talk out. I'm gonna call it quits. Have fun!" Spoke Artemis as she stepped off the training platform. The headmaster and the youngest Mikaelson seemed too deep in conversation to notice that she stepped out.

As she walked deeper into the woods, she ran into the brunette Saltzman twin, who seemed to be in a rush.

"Hey Jojo, everything okay?" asked Artemis, furrowing her eyebrows

"Yeah Art, just need to find my dad." She spoke, completely avoiding eye contact.

"Okay, I'll probably be in my room if you need to talk. See you at the party, yeah?" She softened the look in her eyes as she searched the siphoner's face for any tells. Emergencies occurring at the school weren't unusual. She could feel that something was off.

"I don't know, but I have to go." Josie huffed before running off.

//

As Artemis walked through the woods, towards MG, she could hear him explaining the Blade trilogy. The two boys he was with seemed confused and uninterested, so he walked away from them, where he ran into the Cuetlachtli girl.

"Hey Greasley, you seemed very excited explaining that trilogy, you wanna talk about it?" She asked, smiling at him

"Not really" He mumbled, walking away. Artemis just huffed in response, loud enough to make sure he would hear. She was annoyed, she wasn't the party type of girl, she was doing this for him, but no matter what she did, it wasn't enough. She could understand, they were just distractions for each other, they loved each other, sure, but they weren't in love. She didn't love him the way she wished she could.

The annoyed hybrid started walking around, not sure of what to do. Josie seemed well occupied with the new werewolf. Lizzie was off with her father doing a makeshift therapy session. Hope was most likely off somewhere flirting with the repulsive boy who had a chia pet as hair. To be honest, while Artemis was friendly, she didn't have many friends at the school. She looked around at the groups that were at the party. As per usual, they were divided into three factions. She glanced over at the vampires. She wasn't one so it wouldn't make sense to hang out with them. She looked over at the werewolves. They didn't like her. For one, she was part witch. Two, she explained that she would lose her spot with her pack back home if she joined the one at school. They felt that she was kind of gloating when she told them about her pack back home and how her father was the alpha. She turned to look at the last faction, the witches. They were the most accepting of her, all things considered, but she still didn't fit in with them

After what seemed like forever, she headed back to her room, where she just laid on her bed. She stared at the ceiling, contemplating if she really did have feelings for Hope and if she should talk to someone about them. Before she could go too deep into the Mikaelson Mania, as she so cleverly named it, someone opened her door. She sat up to see that Josie was peeking her head in.

"Hey Artemis, you want to go down to the kitchen and get something to eat?" asked the younger girl.

"Thank you Josie, but I really don't feel like doing anything right now." she huffed, reaching for her blanket ready to roll herself up and cry herself to sleep.

"Come on, we can bake brownies, or maybe steal some ice cream!" Josie offered.

"I do really like chocolate." Artemis considered. "Ok, but I'm not washing any dishes." she decided. She got up from her bed, and put on the cardigan she kept on her desk chair. She quickly put it on and slid on some shoes. She reached for Josie's hand and smiled. 

//

As the girls walked into the kitchen they saw something they didn't expect. MG and Penelope making out? His fangs were about to come in contact with her neck.

"Mg?!" Josie yelled out, shocked that her best friend would do that with her ex, especially when he's currently dating her other best friend.

"No chingues"  Artemis boomed, speaking at the same time as Josie. Both girls turned around and ran out. It took a moment for MG to register what had happened before he vampire sped over to Artemis, grabbing onto her arm, keeping her from being able to run away. She snapped her head around, showing him her yellow eyes.

"You do not want to try me right now MG. I've heard a werewolf bite hurts, wanna find out just how much?" she snarked.

"Artemis it, it wasn't what it looked like. I- I-" he stammered.

"Were you going to say 'I don't have a girlfriend anymore?' Because you don't. And FYI, have fun with the devil spawn, I'd love to see how long that lasts. Ooh! Maybe you can finally tell Lizzie Saltzman that you were just using me because you're actually in love with her? See if I fucking care!" she shouted. She turned around but quickly turned back with a fake smile.

"Oh! And I say this with the utmost respect," she paused, the sarcasm was thick on her voice "Jódete". She was furious. Was MG partially a distraction for her? Kind of. But she did love him, she truly did, and she would never do that to him.

"Artemis I'm sorry" he pleaded as she went to turn back around.

"Well, sorry doesn't fucking cut it MG" She snapped. He stepped towards her again. Noticing his movements, she lifted her hand towards him. 

"Motus" she chanted, sending him flying back. She didn't even wait to see him hit the ground before she ran off.