Mombie Dearest

Artemis sat in the woods, post-transition, putting on her sweater when she saw someone walking through the trees. Instead of investigating like she normally would, she decided to walk back to the school. After the events of last night, Josie convinced Artemis to go to the party.

Artemis now sat in her room, finishing up her hair for the party, instead of reading a book or watching a show under the covers. As Artemis finished her makeup, Hope opened the door to her room.

"Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to come with me to the party?" asked Hope.

"Are you asking me on a date, Mikaelson?" smirked Artemis. While they spoke in a joking tone, deep down Artemis wished she wasn't.

"Well, Landon's gone so why not." joked back the young Mikaelson. Artemis stood up and took in Hope's appearance, and Hope would be lying if she didn't say the same. Artemis couldn't help but notice how well the wine-colored dress suited her. Hope also thought that Artemis looked nice in her light blue, corset-style dress. Artemis quickly slipped on a pair of silver, strappy heels before walking towards Hope.

"Mikaleson," smiled Artemis, offering the tribrid her arm.

"Cuetlachtli," smiled back Hope, placing her arm on top of the hybrids. Both girls laughed, walking out of the room and towards the party. As the girls walked through the woods, they noticed that their headmaster had a woman pinned against a tree and that he was obviously in distress.

"Dr. Saltzman," demanded Hope, he turned around. "What's going on?" she asked.

"Hope, Artemis, I need your help." pleaded their headmaster. He quickly explained what was going on and they decided to split up, Hope and Artemis were teamed up while Dr. Saltzman stayed with his 'corpse bride' (Artemis was the one to suggest that name).

As Hope and Artemis walked through the woods they noticed Penelope and MG arguing, which they ignored.

"You two gonna howl at the moon wearing that?" snarked Penelope.

"Sorry, no time for bitchy banter," answered Artemis. The two continued walking before Hope stopped. The hybrid turned to give Hope a confused look.

"Actually, we could use your help finding Josie," Hope said desperately.

"What happened?" asked Penelope.

'Oh no she's concerned, how about all those times where she willingly hurt Josie just to get back at Lizzie because of their stupid feud' thought Artemis

"Apparently, her possessed biological mother buried her alive in the cemetery," replied Hope. Penelope picked up a shovel.

"We're coming with you" answered MG. The four of them continued their walk through the woods.

"MG, listen for her breathing," ordered Hope.

"Hold on." the group stopped. "I hear something. Shovel" asked MG. Penelope handed him the shovel she was holding. As MG started digging, a hand popped out of the dirt and grabs his leg, pulling him to the floor. As he struggles, a zombie popped out of the dirt. Penelope quickly reacted and hit the zombie in the shoulder. However, it didn't yield any results as the zombie kept trying to eat MG.

"That won't work!" replied MG, taking the shovel from her. He quickly shoved it into the zombie's head, "To kill a walker you got to go for the brain. Everybody knows that."

"Yeah, every nerd maybe." sassed Penelope. "Just call it a zombie." Artemis rolled her eyes. She didn't care what it was called, she cared about her missing friend. As they stood there, more zombies started popping out of the ground.

"Zombies." corrected Hope, referring to the now multiple zombies that had popped out of the ground. "Plural." there were now at least 6 zombies that had surrounded the group. They stood with their backs to each other, ready to fight. Artemis now regretted being the only one who didn't bring a shovel.

"WOO! Two for two baby!" shouted MG as he cut off the head of one of the zombies.

"We can handle the rest. Just find Josie," ordered Hope.

"Right. Got it," replied MG, speeding away.

"How do you want to do this? Magic?" asked hope, turning to the other two girls.

"I don't really have another option," responded Artemis.

"I say we DIY and pretend they're Lizzie Saltzman."

"Works for me," answered Hope

"Rude" mutterred Artemis. Hope brought her knee up to break the handle of her shovel in half and passed the broken handle to Artemis. "Not rude." huffed Artemis, taking the piece of wood from her. The three witches slashed, smashed, and stabbed the zombie's heads until they were free. MG mistook one of the zombies for Josie and let it out, getting knocked onto the floor again.

"MG we're running out of time," said Hope, stabbing the head of the zombie that almost ate MG.

"Watch out!" yelled out Penelope.

"Penelope, ax!" said Hope, as she struggled to fight off the zombie. Artemis watched as the Mikaelson caught the ax in the air and used the momentum to slice off the zombie's head.

'That was hot' thought Artemis.

"Damn it MG, get up and find her," demanded Hope

"There's too much noise," whined MG

"Well listen harder or I swear to the Gods this broken handle will go right through your heart, MG!" demanded Artemis, her eyes glowing yellow. She was not going to let her best friend die because of some incompetent vampire. MG closed his eyes to focus.

"I got her," he said before speeding off again. The three witches ran after him and helped him dig. As they dug, they saw a human hand reach out of the dirt. They all helped pull Josie out of the dirt. As they pulled her head out she gasped for air and started sobbing. Artemis engulfed her best friend in a hug.

"The talisman. It worked" smiled Hope.

"What's it supposed to do?" cried Josie.

"Make quiet things heard." smiled Hope. Artemis turned around and gave Hope a huge hug as well. Artemis usually took more care of not showing how much she cared for Hope but she didn't care right now. The girl she really liked saved her best friend.

"Let's get you inside, Jo." Artemis held out her hand to her best friend, helping her up. The group of supernatural all walked towards the school. As the group kept walking, Artemis noticed that Hope started to fall behind.

"Hope are you okay?" asked Artemis, hanging back to meet the Mikaelson.

"That was stressful, but yes, I'm fine. How about you?" asked Hope. Artemis noticed how soft her facial expressions were.

"Upset, you owe me a dance." joked Artemis. To be honest, Artemis had so many emotions coursing through her. Her best friend almost died, they barely saved her. The young hybrid also had just come to terms with her sexuality and crush. However, she decided that right now, she'd bask in the joy of a job well done, knowing that it wasn't going to last that long. Around them, it never really did.