Malivore

"Given recent events, some students have expressed concern that I am not allowing you to have a say in the decisions that affect your future. And I agree. If you are expected to abide by this school's policies, it's only fair that you have a voice in how those rules are made." announced Headmaster Saltzman. His daughter's high five at his comment. "So, I am forming an honor council. One vampire, one witch, and one werewolf, each elected by their peers. Along with our school counselor Emma, whose vote will represent the younger students. Now, I have to go off-campus. In the meantime, I expect you to make good decisions and to vote wisely. That's all. You're dismissed." and with that, the dining hall erupted in conversation. Artemis turned to Hope.

"Do you think we'll both get to represent ourselves or will one of us have to be representative?" proposed Artemis.

"Good question, I'll be right back" replied Hope as she got up. Before Artemis could protest, Hope walked away, leaving the hybrid confused.

//

"All right, voting is now closed," announced Emma. the students all clapped. "Let's get started," before she announces the first representatives, a paper flies out of the voting box. "The werewolf representative will be Rafael." all the wolves cheered and barked for their new alpha.

"So much for not wanting anything to do with the pack," whispered Josie.

"I've always wanted to be part of a power couple." excitedly replied Lizzie.

"All right, settle down. Thank you. Next up," Emma pauses to catch the next paper, "the vampire representative will be," she pauses again before announcing the winner, MG stands up, already expecting to win, "Kaleb." the vampires all cheer while MG sits down, disappointed. Artemis just laughs. It sounds bad but she was really enjoying watching him suffer the consequences of his actions.

"All right, guys. Settle down! Thank you." declares Emma. "And the witch representative will be, Josie." gasps were heard across the room. Lizzie had a look of betrayal on her face. "Thank you all for voting. And congratulations to our newly elected representatives."

//

Artemis sat with Hope on the couch as the tribrid spoke to Alaric on the phone. The younger hybrid was reading a book so she wasn't paying attention to the conversation between Hope and Alaric despite being able to hear both sides well. That was at least until she heard Hope say,

"Listen, I want a seat on the council. I'm a tribrid, the only one of my kind. No one can represent my interests but me." Artemis excitedly motioned at herself signaling that they too wanted a seat on the council.

"Is this about Landon? Because you can't let this get personal," replied Alaric. Artemis rolled her eyes. They didn't understand why everything had to be about that boy.

"The political is personal. I learned that in Advanced Civics, taught by you," replied Hope in a snarky tone.

"That's cheating. But I trust that you'll make the right call." gives in the headmaster. Hope goes to hang up the phone but Artemis snatches it from her hand before she can. Hope gives her a confused look.

"Hey Dr. S. I want a say too." smiled Artemis. Alaric could almost hear the smile over the phone

"Why? Hope is already on the council, why would you need to be?"

"She's a tribrid, I'm a hybrid. We're different species. And anyway, I assume that there will eventually be other hybrids at the school, either werewolf-witches like me, vamp-wolfs or something else. We know Achelois barely avoided it but it can still happen to her too." defended Artemis. She heard their headmaster sigh.