2 | Percy / Tony

Percy's POV

1444 words

The entire challenge was unfair considering I'm the god of riptides, heroes, loyalty, and respect as well as the god of poisons and water molecules. I can sense any water molecules coming my way, which covers pretty much every liquid. Plus, my senses reach to the blood of those around me. Since the Razaeri Invasion, I hadn't controlled any blood, but I had learned to use the power in other ways. Basically, no one can sneak up on me because I can pinpoint where people are. I would be able to navigate a crowd blindfolded. The same applies to living plants with water in them.

The first to approach me was Natasha. Tony must've wanted to win the deal fast. She was their best shot at sneaking up quickly and silently, but right before she dumped the water on my head, I turned to my left, effectively letting the water fall to the floor. A few people turned to see what happened, but all they found was a slightly annoyed Black Widow. The superspy spun around and joined the Avengers to make a plan B.

The second person to try was Clint. He was up in the rafters positioned right above me. I was calmly talking to Mr. Dare, Rachel Elizabeth Dare's father. He knew all about who I was and what his daughter was up to, so he wasn't too surprised when I was suddenly a billionaire with my own company. I timed it so that Mr. Dare and I walked toward another group of investors just as the water would have reached my head. My godly hearing caught Clint cursing up a storm.

Their next tactic was for Bruce to distract me as Wanda levitated a glass of water above my head. Once again, I sidestepped before the water touched me. But I also moved Bruce so he would get soaked. I could see Wanda was blushing and coming to apologize, but all I could do was laugh.

Ant-Man tried to crawl up my arm and dump a tiny glass of water on my head, but I flicked him off my shoulder before he could. At this point, the Avengers wore determined looks and huddled up in a corner. The guests started to pick up on what was going on. Some smiled at the fun while others took their leave thinking the gala had turned too childish. Tony didn't care. If he landed this deal, he wouldn't need the gala funds anyway.

Many more attempts were made over the next four hours. My favorite attempt was when they surrounded me and just threw the water in my direction. I expertly dodged the falling water molecules until I stood next to Captain America.

"How've ya been, Steve? I don't think you'd remember me, but I had a meeting with you a while back." It was when I impersonated a Greek General and learned of their plans against the Razaeri. I was in disguise, so he wouldn't have recognized me.

"You did?"

"Yeah, but we can discuss that later. You all better prepare something clever because you've only got ten minutes left before the deal is off."

I walked over to the bar and ordered my own glass of water. I was eying the Avengers who tried to seem innocent and caught on that Doctor Strange, who I knew arrived thirty minutes ago, was conversing with Tony. When he walked off to the bathroom I had a gut feeling he would open a portal above my head and try to dump water on me that way. That's why I stood next to Tony for the rest of the night. When I sensed the portal open, I jumped out of the way and let the bucket of water crash on Tony's head instead.

A laughing Dr. Stephen Strange stumbled out of the bathroom trying to catch his breath. There was exactly a minute left until midnight. All the avengers gathered around thinking they lost the deal for Tony.

"I hope we can broker some other type of deal, Perseus. I could really use your help."

"You mean my money?"

"Yeah," Tony laughed defeatedly, "that too."

I handed Tony my glass of water with fifteen seconds left on the clock. He looked at it and then looked at me, eyes wide and a grin forming on everyone's face. Tony quickly poured the water on my head and we all burst out laughing.

I stuck out my hand to Tony with a lopsided smile. "I look forward to sponsoring your research and manufacturing for the solar-powered car. My assistant, Abrax," I gestured to Abrax who was hunched over beside me trying to regain his composure from laughing so hard, "will be in touch tomorrow morning to work out the details and contract." Then I smirked at Tony, "It should be completed without having to waste any water." Facing the rest of the Avengers, I said, "Good night. Thanks for a fun time!"

With that, I walked out of the building and towards a back alleyway. Abrax was hot on my tail holding a... danish platter?

"What?" Abrax mumbled through his mouthful of danishes. "These things are delicious. We have to make them one day."

I laughed at his love of pastries.

"Come on, let's go home," I said while grabbing his arm.

We vapor traveled back to my palace and settled in for the night. As a god, I didn't have to sleep, so I usually stayed awake overseeing my domains and planning my biggest addition to the camps yet.

I was going to have the Athena and Hephaestus cabin finish what Annabeth wanted to start. New Athens: a safe community off to the side of Camp Half-Blood for older demigods. It would extend the boundary line and provide a safe haven for demigod families. She wanted a full school system from elementary school to college by the end of construction. It would have the same purpose as New Rome except it'd be for those who lived on the east coast. I spent a lot of nights looking over Annabeth's unfinished work. I couldn't finish it myself, but I was hopeful her brothers and sisters would take up the mantle. I knew Annabeth would be happy if they did and if Annabeth would've been happy, I would be happy.

~~~

Tony's POV

When Perseus handed me his glass of water I was almost too shocked to move. Thank God I came around and did move. I was elated after he let me dump the water on his head. It meant the deal would go through and the gala wasn't for nothing. Once he left, the team and I erupted into cheers.

"You did it, Tony!" yelled Bruce. "You actually did it! Oh my God," he said as he put his hands on his head disbelievingly, "you just got AquaTech to fund your entire research project. The entire thing! He doesn't fund just anyone, you know."

"Good thing I'm not just anyone," I replied with a wink.

Bruce ignored the egotistical comment and continued his rant. "He's only ever partially funded other people's research. And they're usually water-related! And even then he's gained at least 30% equity for each deal! Thor, how well did you say you knew him?"

"I have attended several parties with Perseus Jackson. But not even I could have convinced him to offer such a deal. I only recommend the young man as an investor because I knew he would not take advantage of Man of Iron's inventions. He is honorable."

Natasha interrupted before more could be added to the list of how Perseus was amazing. "Perseus seems to be a good guy, but we can't have failed to notice the way he evaded two spies, four enhanced beings, and two brilliant scientists. Even if Thor was allowed to help, I'm not so sure it would have made a difference. None of our plans worked. He only took the deal because he let us."

Wanda voiced her confusion, "Doesn't that just mean he wants to sponsor Tony?"

Clint picked up on what Natasha was saying and backed her up, "Yes, possibly, but it also means he's not telling us everything. Hardly anyone can tell when one of us is sneaking up on them. Perseus figured it out every single time. No one could take him by surprise."

At this revelation, the group got more contemplative than celebratory. Thor, however, was growing antsy. I didn't know why. Maybe he was more knowledgeable of Perseus than he let on. Either way, we could only wait and watch events unfold.

And unfold they did.