21 | Percy

A/N: I hate doing author's notes, but there are many people I must thank—more than I'll be able to personally acknowledge. I'd like to thank (1) every single reader who likes this story enough to keep reading, (2) all of those who've cast a vote for this story, (3) anyone who's commented their love of this story, and (4) the people who have not only enjoyed this story but also my other works. This chapter is a special thanks and dedication to Giraffes_are_awesome who has expressed their enjoyment of this story and several of my other writings too. Thank You!

Percy's POV

1198 words

When I flash to Abrax, he's in the middle of practicing his swordsmanship. I grab him without explanation and flash us both to Olympus. It isn't tactful, but we're under a time crunch. The gods are anxious to help. When we show up in the throne room, all eyes turn to us. For some reason, they all look towards Abrax's sword, then to me, then to Abrax.

Abrax quickly sheaths his sword and goes into a deep, reverent bow at the waist. I've only ever seen him bow so politely when I first met him. I guess it makes sense seeing as this is the first time he's ever met the other gods. But he doesn't rise immediately after like he usually does. It took me a few seconds to realize he was waiting for my permission.

I clear my throat before ordering Abrax to stand. When I do, he stands with perfect posture, hands behind his back, and his head bowed in respect. His gaze doesn't reach any higher than our knees.

I walk to where I was stationed before, expecting Abrax to follow, but he doesn't. He stands as still as a statue, trying to make himself invisible. This timid nature is uncharacteristic but not surprising. It is quite intimidating being around (almost) all of the Olympian gods.

"You entrust him with a weapon?" Demeter ponders disbelievingly.

"Of course I would. Why wouldn't I?" I say defensively.

"Because he is a mere servant!" she argues.

"And he's standing right there!" I shout back, appalled by her blatantly rude behavior.

"That's the problem isn't it!" she replies.

Hades interjects before we get too far. "Why don't we pin this conversation for now. We have more pressing matters."

"Percy, how about you take your... umm... Abrax... outside and explain things," my father suggests gently, though, it is a bit awkward.

Knowing this is not the time to argue, I lead Abrax outside of the throne room. He stays a respectable distance away, head still bowed, as we walk through the garden and find a secluded spot.

"I'm sorry for what was said in there," I tell Abrax. He doesn't react. "I should've known how out of place you must've felt and given you time to prepare."

"It's not your fault, my Lord. I'm sorry I embarrassed you in front of the Olympians," he says in a hushed tone like he's afraid of speaking. Based on his demeanor and considering Demeter's opinions, I wouldn't be surprised if he were afraid of speaking on Olympus. Apparently, the gods have more prejudice than I originally thought.