24 | Sage

A/N: 2k views (02/26/21), 2 more chapters after this one, let's do it!

Sage's POV

1049 words

Abrax asked a bunch of pointless questions and then the gods showed up. Fifteen of them! In battle armor! Aphrodite, Apollo, Ares, Artemis, Athena, Demeter, Dionysus, Hades, Hephaestus, Hera, Hermes, Hestia, Hygea, Perseus, and Poseidon were standing tall and proud in front of Thoon.

"Mom?" Cleo said in surprise.

I too was surprised to see Lady Hygea standing amongst the Olympians. And it didn't escape anyone's notice that Zeus wasn't with them.

"Hello, Cleo. My wonderful darling," she greeted with affection. "I'm so proud of you," she stated, followed by a hug.

Cleo had the happiest smile on her face that I'd ever seen. Poseidon went over to hug Alex and they both leaned into each other's embrace. I noticed that a few of the Olympians, including Percy, made quick work of the remaining monsters. When I turned away from their impressive fighting, I saw my own father approaching me.

Dionysus put a hand to my shoulder and pulled me into a hug too. I was stunned, to say the least. I knew he cared about me and I knew that awesome birthday present was partially thanks to him and I knew he was watching out for me, but it was the first time I'd ever hugged my father. It's a little sad that my first hug from him was at the age of 17, but I'll take what I can get.

"I'm relieved you're ok, Sage. You had me worried." Then he chuckled to himself. "I even got in a fight with... what does Peter Johnson call him?... Drama Queen, I think... over you."

And if the hug wasn't shocking. That certainly was.

"What?! Why?"

"Because you are mine. And I will always look out for you. Even when I cannot do so directly."

A genuine smile of satisfaction and joy graced my lips. It was nice hearing my dad admit he cared. It was even better than the spile I got.

"Hey.... um... your majesties and... uh... highnesses, don't we like got the bad guy to fight?" Peter stuttered meekly.

A few gods gave him a judgmental glance, but Percy backed him up.

"Peter is right," he said to no one in particular. Then he spoke directly to the Giant. "Thoon, this has gone on long enough. By order of the Olympian council, you are to be killed and your essence sent back to Tartarus for your disruptive attacks on the demigods and the ill intent you have acted upon against mortal fates. We'll make sure it takes you a long, long while to ever reform again, if at all possible."

With a nod of his head, the Olympians and Hygea attacked. Thoon didn't even have time to make a "Long live evil!" speech. It was scarily impressive. Each drew their symbol of power and sent a single strike against Thoon faster than the eye could perceive, unless you're a demigod with ADHD/battle instincts, that is. No giant, maybe not even a primordial could have lasted long against fifteen powerful beings working together for the same cause, fighting as one.

Thoon was on his ass from the force of their combined attack. The gods would've made another advance had Thoon's tunic not ridden up. Everyone gagged and averted their eyes. Thoon took this moment to stand again, but he wasn't on his hideous feet for long. Poseidon, Hygea, and my father marched forward. In a blur of weapons and disinfectant spray, Thoon was soon transformed into a bloody mess.

They kept their respective weapons trained on Thoon who couldn't do much but cough up ichor.

"Children," Poseidon boomed. "The honor and glory are yours. This battle was won upon your shoulders."

Cleo, Alex, and I looked at each other before stepping up to Thoon. We readied our swords and daggers before stabbing them into the helpless son of Gaea. Before our eyes, he disintegrated into golden dust. His essence was carried away by the wind and vanished to Tartarus. I guess he was also getting a parental reunion.

Everyone erupted into cheers. Hollers of glee rose into the air. I'm sure the people of Fate, TX were confused, but the Mist would probably make them think it was a party of rowdy teenagers or something. I hoped they wouldn't call the cops. I do not want to see how the gods would react to local law enforcement telling them what to do.

The Avengers and gods introduced themselves. The ones who weren't originally with us or there for Tony's rescue mission were shocked to discover Percy was a god. Except for King T'Challa.

"I will apologize on my little sister's behalf," he told Percy. "She has a big mouth and told me about you."

Percy laughed and replied, "Shuri won't like that you called her your little sister. And I don't blame her."

The King of Wakanda joined in on his laughter. "That's good, my friend, and very true. Shuri was upset she couldn't come. But I didn't know what we were facing in battle, so I told her to stay and wait as backup."

"Well, I'll stop by some time to hang out if that's ok with you?"

"It would be our pleasure."

"For now," Percy now spoke to the other gods, "we must recognize these heroes and award them for their valiance."

"Big word for you, Perce," Alex commented cheekily.

"I am also surprised," Athena smirked, then slightly frowned after realizing she was agreeing with a sea spawn at the same time she dissed one.

"We shall welcome them all to Olympus!" Poseidon boomed.

"Even the mortals?" Demeter asked skeptically.

"They have proven their worth this once. We owe them our gratitude," Hygea defended, albeit a little reserved as she wasn't an Olympian.

"Confound it all! Zeus prohibited us from helping! He put the lives of our children at risk! He should put up with a few mortals!" Poseidon remarked.

"I suppose I am in agreement with my brother," Hades grudgingly admitted.

"Then it's settled," Hestia affirmed with a warm smile. "They will take their... flying contraptions... back to Olympus. We shall meet them there."

With Hestia's proclamation, the gods flashed out, which left us to travel on the jets back to New York. Next stop, the Empire State Building. Olympus here we come!