0 | Previously...

The disclaimers in the description apply to the entire story.

If you haven't read the first book, I encourage you do so, but this synopsis should suffice.

277 words

Previously in The Beginnings of an Olympian...

Percy was forced to accept godhood by the Fates. He became the god of riptides, heroes, loyalty, respect, poison, and water molecules with the Pegasus as his sacred animal and Anaklusmos as his symbol of power. He is the 15th Olympian.

Upon returning to Camp Half-Blood to announce his ascent into immortality, Percy found his girlfriend, Annabeth Chase, dead on the ground, killed by the Minotaur. What he didn't see was the claiming of his new half-brother, Alexander "Alex" Fischer. It took a while for them to connect, but eventually, they became true brothers. Sally and Paul even adopted Alex!

When an alien race, the Razaeri, were set to invade Earth, all of its inhabitants, immortals and monsters and mortals alike, had to band together to save the planet they called home.

Reinforcements from the Chaos Army were led by a familiar face. A friendship between old enemies was reconciled. And the help was welcomed with gratitude.

Percy then returned to the depths of the Pit to gain Tartarus as a temporary ally. The journey forced him to learn more about his true nature and powers. He inevitably came to terms with the new reality of being a god.

The victory in the Razaeri Invasion was hard-fought but won nonetheless. Mortals and demigods went about repairing the damages. The gods and monsters retreated to recuperate. Percy resided in his littoral palace serviced by the Maris Astéria people. He soon found himself with more responsibilities and a chance at an even more adventurous life.

Read to find out just how adventurous the life of an Olympian can be!

A/N: I recommend you reread the last chapter of the previous book to understand the dynamics of Percy's kingdom. The only change I've made to the first book besides grammatical edits was adding the name of the species that works in the above water section of Percy's palace. Most other references to the previous book are explained in a way that doesn't require you to reread anything as long as you've read the above synopsis.