16 | Cleo

A/N: [02/19/21] I am amazed at how fast this story reached 1k views! Thank you all so much for the show of support. I hope you continue to enjoy!

Cleo's POV

1905 words

First of all, ew. And second of all, EWWWW!

The Kobalos dumped gallons of blood onto us. It coated our eyes, covered the ground, and stuck to our clothes and skin. The smell was putrid. I tried to wipe the blood out of my eyes but more kept covering them. This was definitely not hygienic.

Abrax was somehow still fighting against the Kobalos and even managed to send one back to Tartarus. When I felt a break in the liquid pouring down on me I wiped my eyes and ran towards Alex and Sage who were struggling to do anything. How could four tiny goblins cause so much chaos?

I stripped off my jacket and used the inside to wipe their faces clean as best I could. Alex looked really shaken up. I think he felt like he was drowning from the blood. I don't think he'd ever felt suffocation like that before. Sage was more disgusted than anything. I couldn't blame them. It was one of the grossest, most horrifying things I'd ever gone through. And that was including the garbage prank the Hermes cabin pulled a month before.

Once both could see and breathe again, I cut them free and they stood with shaky breaths. Now all that was left to do was send those menacing creatures back to the pit. Easier said than done. We were somehow sticky and slippery at the same time, which means we couldn't run fast or keep our footing. All four of us were in disarray when three light beams suddenly flashed in front of us. But they didn't hit us. They hit the Kobalos and to our surprise, the Kobalos actually disintegrated!

We all let out sighs of relief and Abrax dramatically laid on the ground despite it being covered in blood still.

The guy who killed the goblins didn't wait for us to catch our breaths before asking, "What the fuck was that? And who the fuck are you?"

"I'm done with this," Abrax announced. "I'm not a demigod! I run Percy's pal- er- schedule. I shouldn't be doing this!"

"Mr. Abrax?" some guy in a spider costume said. He was obviously a teenager from the higher-pitched voice he had.

"That's me, kid. Think you could help me up?"

The spider-guy went over to help Abrax up. Upon recognizing him, the others lowered their weapons.

"Thanks for the help by the way. What was that thing you shot them with? Energy rays?" I speculated.

"Kinda, yeah. It's my repulsor. It projects energy into space in a concentrated beam."

"That's why it would work on monsters. They're material beings so an energy blast would still hurt them." Alex theorized.

"Back to my questions," said the man in the steel suit. "Who the hell are you people?!"

"Well, I'm Cleo. That's Alex. And that's Sage. We were sent on a quest to defeat Thoon. Are you the Avenging people we're supposed to meet?"

"We're the Avengers, kid. How have you never heard of us?"

Sage beat me to it. "Guess you're not important enough to remember."

The metal dude lifted his helmet to show his annoyance. The others, I could tell, were trying to hold back laughter. At least they weren't all arrogant.

"I sorry, not important enough? Was the Tony Stark seriously called unimportant?" Tony spoke in the third person, clearly baffled at ever being considered unimportant. "Me? The super-smart billionaire. The one who funded over half of America's reconstruction projects!"