27: Names Are Not To Be Messed

"Are you happy now? No, there's no need to ask...this is what you wanted. Of course, you're satisfied."

I continued to gaze from the distance as the smoke rises from the residences of the Sugawaras. The village was half-ruined and is almost eaten by the flames if it weren't for the heavens sending the rain over us...over them.

My days together with them were over. I became a traitor...they saw me as a traitor.

It was me whom they blamed for Sukuna's entrance to the village's barrier and how he trashed the whole area into pieces. Though, a part of it was indeed my fault. Sukuna used my cursed energy that's why he was able to get inside.

Sugawara fought with Sukuna but I managed to stop him before he even meets his death in his' hands. He was in a critical condition, I was too late to prevent them from fighting. It was a disaster, no matter how many times Sugawara curses him, Sukuna would remove the curse using my cursed energy.

At one point, Sugawara already got him. He decapitated Sukuna and all but then because of our vow, he didn't die. He couldn't kill him. Sukuna just regenerated and live again. It was at that moment where I realized that our vow weren't just any vow. I thought it won't give Sukuna any benefit at all, but I was wrong...

Being able to negate techniques that are directed to him using my cursed energy, the fact that he won't die from their hands...

It made him invincible.

After the fight, Sugawara will still live, I'm sure of it. When he wakes up...I'll give him my apology. Even if I can't tell him anything, I still owe him an apology.

I took a deep breath and sighed exhaustively.

What a pain...

I've lost my home again. Where should I go now? Well, there's always 'that' place and I don't think the other sorcerers will hunt me yet, so I guess it's still safe for me.

It was already raining and I continued walking to my path.

This sucks.

"Onna, where do you think you're going?" Sukuna spoke.

"Stop following me and don't talk to me, too. Don't think I have forgotten that it was you who planned all of this to happen." I replied in a low tone.

"This is what I'd get for coming for you? That brat's trying to touch my soul. I would've killed him- no, I 'will' kill him for doing that."

I turned towards him irritatedly. "It was me whom he was trying to-"

"Your soul is mine. Therefore, you're mine." Sukuna cut me off.

That's it.

Without any warning, I used my cursed energy and drew the markings for my warp. Sukuna just watched me boredly as I disappeared from his sight and has now arrived at the mountains on the far north.

Only at a few distances, I can already see the semi-ruined area which belonged to my family. The houses were already in rubble but despite that, one was still standing sturdy also thanks to my secret renovations.

It was the Abe Clan's former village.

"Hm? Ugh...this place became even more horrendous."

My eyebrows furrowed after Sukuna also popped out beside me, examining the village with an uninterested look.

For goodness' sake. I told him not to follow me!

"Why in the world are you here? Can't you disappear for once?" I said bitterly and continued to walk ahead.