28-Taken

The day of the ball had come ad security had been maximised. Jane and Alec were always close by. Nothing else had happened. Demetri had gotten the copies scent all over the castle. Mostly close to me. As if it was watching me. It worried me. Jane and Alec had gotten the scent and was ready to attack when ever they came by it again. 

"I shouldn't go." I said pacing the room Bella frowned and Alice went into a frenzy. While this had been happening Alice was trying to see anything. But so far it was coming up blank. She said she had saw some of the children. By she hadn't seen him. As soon as she figured out where they were Demetri was sent to kill them all. He was able to find the originals scent and had been following it for 3 days now. He had to miss the ball, much to Bella's disappointment. "I think I'll just stay here tonight."

"You can't." Alice frowned. "You need to relax. Tonight is your chance to." I shook my head. 

"I can't relax with that...monster out there turning infants into vampires and sending a copy of himself to watch me!" I hissed. "I just...One person found out about the babies and now hes after them. What if another person thinks its a good way to get to Marcus as well?" 

"I've already seen tonight. You have fun and relax. Marcus will sweep you away and dance with you and you actually have a good time. So just for tonight have fun." Alice smiled. 

"Come on Jamie. I already cant go with Demetri. Please come. You only have four months before you have two little monsters running around your self." She grinned.

"Fine but the second I want to leave you have to let me." They nodded and I smiled. "Wheres my dress?" Alice beamed as she ran off to get it. 

"You trust her, right?" I asked and Bella nodded. 

"Do you?" She asked.

"I'm not sure yet." I frowned as Jane walked into the room. 

"Your not dressed yet?" She asked. 

"No. Alice went to get my dress. Did you want to do my hair." I asked. She nodded and happily went to work. Alice came back with all the dresses. Bella got changed first then ALice. By the time they were done Jane had finished my hair.

 By the time they were done Jane had finished my hair

I got into my dress quickly and sat on the bed. 

I began playing with Jane's hair that she left down before I stared to actually put it up. I grabbed some pins and smiled at my finished work of art. 

"Master Marcus asked me to give you this." She handed me a small box. I opened it and saw a silver chain with a large silver 'V' on it surrounded by ruby's. It was beautiful. 

"Wow." I smiled. "Its amazing." I took it out the box and quickly put it on. 

"Its the Volturi crest. It tells others that you are apart of our Coven." She smiled. The door burst open making me and Bella jump. 

"Mother!" I shot up, worried as Alec ran over. "Your late." I looked to the clock. It was 9 on the dot. That's when Marcus said it began. "Quickly." I slipped on my white flats as we all walked down to the throne room and to the separate room to the side. The room was filled with Vampires, some dancing happily. Other talking. I linked my arms through Alec's and Jane's as we made our way down the stairs. Marcus appeared at the bottom and took my hand. 

"You look beautiful." He smiled kissing the back of my hand. I couldn't help but giggle at him. 

"You dont look so bad yourself." I grin, making him chuckle.

"May I have the first dance with my mate?" I smiled and took his hand, letting him sweep me across the dance floor, just like Alice said.  What she failed to mention was half way through the dance the female was span and got another dance partner. 

"Well dont you look pretty." I felt every part of me tense. Leroy"Now. Now. Wouldn't want to make a scene, would we?" He asked pushing his hand slightly into my hip. 

"Little risky, aren't you?" I asked trying to keep calm.

"You know I've been keeping an eye on you." He grinned ignoring my question.

"I know. But is it the copy or original I'm talking too?" I asked,knowing it was the copy.

"Lets just say Demetri will be arriving shortly." This was the original. Pure fear filled me. "Such a beauty." His hand slid up my back, pulling me closer. Him now practically dragging me through the dance. "Maybe I should take you as well."

"You wouldn't." I whispered. 

"Oh but I would." He grinned. "Taking the children would be one thing. Taking you aw well...well that would be fun, wouldn't it?" All of a sudden te main doors burst open and the music topped. "I think its time we leave."

"No." I shook my head but he picked me up and raced to the double doors that lead to the balcony. I tried to get out his arms. To get away but his grip tighten. 

"Jamie!" i looked over to Bella.

"Thank you so much to the invitation." And he jumped down making me scream. 

~******~

Hey everyone. I still dont have a new laptop but my sister let my use hers till I can get a new one. So updates may be a little slow but I am updating again.