5-The Cullens

Marcus's POV

I sat down as the Cullens came into the room. Alec and Felix had been in touch and told us they had reseaved the Swan girl but had no choice but to bring her sister as well. They had told me the sister was pregnant but knew nothing of our kind. So that ment another human would be dragged into our world. I looked over the 7 vampires in front of us. I frowned and saw the bonds of each of them seemed shattered. Esme and Carlisle's was one of a child. The others except Edward had a sibling bond broken. Had Carlisle turned another that had died? And if that was the case how was young Edward not fazed?

"Carlisle? You seem upset. Has something happened?" Aro asked to be polite.

"Apologies Aro. We have been morning the loss of Edwards ex girlfriend for the past two months. Edward believed her to be his mate but sadly she died the night of her birthday in the woods. A vampire named Victoria had killed her." He frowned. He looked as if he wanted to cry but couldn't. His mate, Esme, as well as Alice burst out in dry sobs. "Alice has been trying to see her. Maybe she had been turned or lived but...She hasn't been able to see her."

"I assume Edward himself witnessed this and told you all?" I asked and Carlisle nodded. "He lied." As soon as I had said it the room had gone quietly.

"What do you mean it was a lie?" Alice asked, her voice cracked as her mate rubbed her back gently.

"The Victoria you spoke of came here telling us a human was left alone after being told of our secret. She went to clean up after your mistake a month after you had left but the pack of shifters kept her away. I had Felix and Alec collect the girl. They're currently on the way here as we speak. She should arrive within the next hour or two."

"But Edward said-" They all turned to the lyre who tried to run but Jasper quickly grabbed him. Aro walked over and grabbed Edwards hand, who tried to fight him off.

"Oh how perthitic. Your gift is wasted for such-there isn't even words to describe it." Aro growled as he let go of Edwards hand.

"What is it Aro?" I asked. Now I was interested. There wasn't much that could disturb Aro. We had seen a lot. But this did.

"Miss Bella was not the first human he has dragged along. He did it every time they moved. He picked a girl out and dragged them alone. Claiming to give them immortality. Claiming to love them. And when he had them begging at his feet he left them. A game. To see how long before they killed themselves." Aro explained.

"What!? No. Edwards has never brought any other girl-"

"I never said he introduced any of the past girls to you or your family Carlisle. I'm sorry but this is the truth." Aro frowned. "You are a dear friend to us Carlisle and we do not wish to tatter that friendship but it is the truth. There have been 4 before miss Isabella. A Elizabeth Hardy who slit her wrists within a month of there break up. Mary Swimmer who lasted 6 weeks before shooting herself with her uncles gun. Holly Jackal who hung herself only a week after Edward left her. Leona Karter who sadly drowned herself 7 weeks after the break up. All girls he dragged along and left knowing what they would all do, because while with them he planted the desperation and need for him in there heads. Picked there clothes, how they would act. He did it all without you knowing. Isabella was the first one he introduced to you."

"I remember those names. We went to school with them all." Rosalie said quietly and Emmet wrapped his arms around her and pulled her closer and away from Edward. "Why?" She then turned to Aro and frowned.

"Why would he do something like this?" Carlisle seemed to have to force the question out. "How did we not know?"

"The simple fact they were human. He had more power over them. He wanted to show it. To show he was stronger and better than them. He had girls constantly looking at him and decided to play them." Aro frowned and came back over to us, sitting back down. "And the 'how you did not know' is the fact that he only told you half of his gift. He is able to read minds yes but he's also able to manipulate the mind too. It's how he was able to make the girls so dependent on him. That when he left they just couldn't function without him. Miss Isabella was a challenge for him as he couldn't enter her mind. Its one of the reasons she is still alive. He couldn't make her as desperate for his attention. He couldn't use his ability on her. He had to do it himself. She was his challenge. He left her alive for the main fact. How long would she last?"

"Edward...you-" Esme broke into another sob. "You monster!"

"Oh please. We all are monsters 'mother'." He snarled. "You have no right to point the finger at me. We've all killed in ravenge, hunger. So why not for fun?"

"I'd like to point out that we don't even kill for fun." Caius smirked. "That would make you worse than us."

"We are well a wear of how people see us. The monster and villain's of the vampire race. But you killing for fun. That makes you worse than us." I continued.

"So for the fact you kill without reason and risk our exposure over and over again, Edward Cullen you are sentenced to death." Aro finished and Carlisle held Esme close as she sobbed.

"We didn't wish for it to come to this but it has to be done. We are extremely sorry Carlisle. Truth be told, we had hopped we could simple warn him, turn the girl and have it over and done with."I frowned and the blonde lowed his head.

"We will not do it now. We shall wait for the humans to arrive. So I would hope you take this time to say anything that is unsaid." Aro said. "Demetri. Take Edward to the dungeons. No one is to see him but the Cullen's and if they choice to speak with him, no harm is to come of them." The guard nodded before grabbed Edward from Jaspers hold and dragging him away. I felt the tug at my chest and the two new bonds had gotten slightly bighter. Shes close.