Chapter 1

"Lord third, my I ask why are we here?" The first to speak was Kurenai, successfully breaking the silent tension in the room. Everyone was on edge, it was rare for the Hokage to call upon the entire Konoha 12 and their senseis at one time, along with their old academy sensei, Iruka

"Hm" Hiruzen hummed, he removes his pipe from his lips and placed it on his desk before interlocking his hands in front of him and leaning forward slightly. "Yes. You see, a few years ago I discovered something, this village is filled with traitors." He paused and eyed everyone in the room, most of whom let out a gasp at the startling news. "Upon hearing this, I had placed trusted shinobi in different areas of the village and even beyond its borders, acting as my spies to identify and eradicate as many traitors as possible. This includes the academy." Again, many of the genin were shocked, one thought running through all of their minds, who is this spy? Do we know them?

"The agent placed into the academy has been giving me weekly reports of the different students and teachers at the academy. He has told me that all of you are to be trusted. He found no evidence of betrayal from anyone in this room." He let out a sigh and once again picked up his pipe, taking a long drag of its contents before resuming, "after the incident during the Chunin exams, I have decided to reveal this spy to you. Secrets only breed mistrust and there is already too much of this in our village. Kitsune. Reveal yourself."