Chapter 3

"I apologise for deceiving you all but it was required for the success of my mission."

"How could the dobe be a spy? This doesn't make sense." Questioned the Uchiha.

"It was part of my cover to act stupid as to keep from suspicion and to protect myself. Since we started at the academy I have taken on a fake persona and have been observing all of you as well as our instructors, keeping an eye out for any unusual behaviour." Naruto responded.

"Why the academy, it's not like anyone could be a traitor in there. Why would you place an enemy in a school with a bunch of useless kids?" Ino asked.

"Academies are good paces to start an infiltration, taking someone's trust from a young age increases loyalty and devotion. I actually came across many spies in the academy and during the Chunin exams among the genin."

"What? Like who?" Choji asked, surprisingly not through a mouthful of snacks.

Upon hearing the question a menacing grin came upon Naruto's face, "Like Mizuki-sensei and Kabuto. But me and my partner took care of those bastards." Even the Jonin of the room were startled by his expression, such dark words from the once innocent boy was strange to hear.

"How did you know they were traitors?" Kakashi-sensei asked his student.

"The stench of snake was all over them, it was almost unbearable. After smelling that I kept close eye on them and they shortly revealed their true intentions." The blonde responded.

"Wait what do you mean? I never smelled anything snake like and my clan has great senses." Replied the Inuzuka heir, followed by a yip of approval from the puppy on his head.

"My senses are stronger than anyone's thanks to my partner, they are even greater than that of the Inuzuka clan." Naruto responded, looking into Kiba's eyes, causing an involuntary shiver through the boy's body.

Finally, the lazy genius of the group spoke up, after silently observing everything and listening intently to each word spoken.
"You said your name was Uzumaki-Namikaze, is there any relation to Fourth Hokage? And who is this partner you keep mentioning?"