Chapter 2

"Kitsune. Reveal yourself."

"Hai." The genin and their senseis all looked to the source of the voice, desperate to know who had spoke the oddly familiar, yet somehow strange voice. All eyes went to where the voice originated, but found only emptiness in its wake. Then a cough was heard, as eyes moved back to the front of the room, they widened in shock upon the contact of cerulean blue.

"My name is Naruto Uzumaki-Namikaze. It is a pleasure to meet you." Stood next to the Hokage's desk was a boy everyone new, or thought they knew. He was the same person but he somehow looked different. What they once new to be an annoyingly gleeful grin was replaced by a cold, stoic expression. Eyes which once held so much joy and curiosity, were replaced with the cold eyes of a killer. But the most noticeable change was his build and outfit.

No longer was he the short scrawny boy drenched in bright orange, he was now taller and more muscular, not overly so, but enough to give Hinata's face a bright red hue. His clothes were now much more inconspicuous, he was dressed in the typical ANBU attire, with a katana draped along his back and a mask resembling a fox strapped to his waist. With the lack of sleeves, his shoulders were visible, revealing the ANBU tattoo on his left shoulder and the same swirl on his right, next to a strange looking kunai. Also visible was many scars littering his arms, battle wounds only a warrior could obtain.

"I apologise for deceiving you all but it was required for the success of my mission." Naruto's voice was clear of all the glee it once had.