Chapter 8

"Team 7 remain, the rest of you are dismissed."

After the shinobi had left, there was an uncomfortable silence between what was once the loudest team, a thick air of awkward tension almost suffocating. Finally, someone cleared their throat and spoke.

"Sakura? I'm sorry about Kurama, when he gets mad he gets pretty hard to control and tends to be an ass, but I promise it wont happen again."

"It-it's okay, I clearly said something I shouldn't have and I'm sorry too." The blonde let out a smile, not as big as his classic Uzumaki grin, but a smile none the less. Seeing it made all of team 7's heart feel lighter, even that of the stoic raven.

"Lord Hokage, may I ask why you wished us to stay?" Kakashi spoke up.

"Oh yes, its about the Akatsuki. Team 7 will be taking lead on any attempts to stop them. You have been informed of the group's goal, but we will now go over the profiles of their members. Naurto." The man gestured for the boy to start.

Said boy pulled out a small scroll from one of his many pouches and opened it. The ink on the seals glowed briefly before numerous papers appeared. Naruto walked towards the wall to their right and used a kunai to pin a photo of Orochimaru to it. "We will start with Orochimaru, this snake was a member of the Akatsuki until a few years ago when he was kicked out for trying and failing to kill their newest member to take his power. He was an idiot to think he could defeat him back then," Naruto mumbled with a slight chuckle before continuing, "Although he is no longer a member, he may have information that our spy does not. After all, he is a slimy bastard who lives to gain knowledge and power."

"May I ask, who is this spy that seems to know so much? Are we sure he can be trusted?" Kakashi asked.

"Out of respect for his wishes, his identity will remain secret, even Naruto does not know who he is. The only people who know is the village elders, Danzo and Jiraiya." The Hokage answered, grimacing when mentioning the elders and the man he once saw as a friend. "But I trust his loyalty, he has already sacrificed much for the village and will continue to do so, no matter the hardships he is put through."

"Very well Hokage-sama. I trust you're judgement., Naruto, you may continue" 

"Hai sensei." Naruto pulled out 10 more photos and pinned them as he did with Orochimaru's. "These are the current members of Akatsuki. Pain and Konan, Hidan and Kakuzu, Tobi and Zetzu, Deidera and Sasori, Kissame and-"

"Itachi Uchiha" 

Thank you for all the kind words after the last chapter, it made me happy seeing that you like this book and care, so thank you :) also~ update on the college struggles, i dropped out xD just said i was done and gave my ID to the head and left even though I'm not 18 and you have to be in education till 18 lmao